Home General Training Discussions
Options

EN 4.0 Troubleshooting and Feedback

Since the "Admin Q & Notification" Forum doesn't let me add a new topic, I had to put this here in the General Section.  We're all working through some growing/transition pains and I thought it would be helpful to get all the feedback consolidated in one place so R&P can work through the issues.  Here is what I've run into so far:

1.  I can not add a new topic (it says I'm unauthorized) to any of the following Discussions:

• Race Selection & Reviews
  • Off Topic
  • Admin Q & Notification
  • EN Suggestion Box
  • Race execution
  • Medical Help
  • Nutrition
  • Fall Marathon Half Marathon
  • Hall of Fame
  • All of the Regional sections

2.  I can't seem to add photos to a post (this may be a training issue - but there doesn't seem to be a little picture icon for me to use).  The Formatting options were completely gone for a while, but I'm seeing them as I type this message so I guess that's been fixed.

3.  OK, this is a low priority, but we need some new/better smilies.  These new ones lack personality. 

Comments

• Options
    I have tried multiple times to upload photos to my profile. They upload and then when I click on the album they aren't there.
  • Options
    We are working on this. Smilies will live under emoticon at top of forum replies (not on the sides, see whip guy). Setting permissions now (thought I had) and we'll get picture adding and rich text editing shortly!!!

Keep it coming!

P
  • Options

Rich text editing--you talking about the tool bar that let's you size things, make things bold, link, etc????? If so, it exists in this reply to topic, but it is missing in the Women's Training and Racing section. No can do nuthin' in that reply box but type.

• Options

Cannot access member list, says "access denied"

• Options

linda - rich text editing added to womens' forum on sunday pm...

gina, please confirm this is still a problem. it's set to allow all registered users...

• Options

Patrick- Clicking on "members" tab, upper right corner = access denied

• Options
    Posted By Gina Hamel on 16 Nov 2009 08:55 AM

Patrick- Clicking on "members" tab, upper right corner = access denied

This has been corrected.

• Options
    Nemo provided some links to Forum 3.0 concerning the subject of aero bottle straw aerodynamics. When I click on the link I am informed that I must be a pro member to access those links.
  • Options

Is their spel chek? If its hear, I cant' fine it. If nut, deer gawd, can we ad it?

• Options

Just want to say I am loving 4.0.  I dragged my feet forever moving over, but now that I am here and you guys have been adding functionality daily, it's awesome.

Lots of people posting, so it looks like we are all getting on board.

Thx!

tom

• Options

Love 4.0 also. 

Only issue I have is when I "copy" from WKO and try to "paste" into a post it double spaces each data line and when I hit enter to create a space for the next WKO data item (i.e. interval 2 of 3) the cursor jumps to the top of the page and makes a space at the top? 

And would love to have the spell check.

• Options

Yes, soon 4.0 will be making you breakfast, massaging your legs, saving you cell minutes and adding frequent flier miles.

@Linda -- we can look into it, but your browser should have a plug-in that makes misspelled words appear to have a red underline.

@John -- try cutting/pasting to a text file, then cutting/pasting that here...usually removes any formatting...

• Options

Have tried to create photo albums under my profile. Pictures upload and then there is nothing.

• Options

I do get the red line in every other application in the world, but here. I'll ask Keith when he gets home...

Also, answers to private messages of any length--at least in how they are coming thought to me-are partly superimposed over the first person's text. Some of the text can't be read. Hard to 'splain. I'll ask Keith about that too. Maybe it's on this end.

• Options

So how do I ass the friend me up stuff in my sig?

None of the old fancy stuff is there, just looks like a text box?

Also, any way to change the "new member" tag?

• Options
    Even though my time zone preference is set to Pacific, I'm seeing everything in the forum posted in CST. Of course, user error is a legitimate possibility... image
  • Options
    Posted By Josh Weiss on 17 Nov 2009 04:22 PM

Even though my time zone preference is set to Pacific, I'm seeing everything in the forum posted in CST. Of course, user error is a legitimate possibility...

------------------

Mine is the same. Our admin doode, maybe the server also, is CST but dunno if that means anything. We'll look into it but ask you to deal for now. Thanks!

• Options

Had to update my spell checker plug-in, now it works

Paul
  • Options
    Posted By Paul Barker on 18 Nov 2009 10:19 PM

Had to update my spell checker plug-in, now it works

Paul

@Paul, how and what did you do to get the spell checker in 4.0 posts?  Not aware of a plug-in.
    @Patrick - Cut from WKO and pasted to NotePad in Windows and then cut from NotePad and pasted into 4.0 post and worked perfect.  Thanks.

• Options
    I use the Firefox browser. Under " tools" there is a "add-ons" feature where you can update your current spell checker or add new ones. I am sure other browsers have ways of managing these add-ons or plug-ins.

Hope that helps
  • Options
    I use the Firefox browser. Under " tools" there is a "add-ons" feature where you can update your current spell checker or add new ones. I am sure other browsers have ways of managing these add-ons or plug-ins.

Hope that helps
  • Options

Would be nice to be able to delete your own posting,, if you do something brilliant  like hit submit twice.

• Options

It would be nice if when you are quoting someone, the quoted portion was distinquished in some way in the editing box. I've noticed that a number of people end up putting their replies in with the quoted text (since they can't see where the quote section ends). I've found that if just start typing after the quoted part, and your text is indented, then it's going to be included in the quote. But if you go down to the very bottom of the edit box and type, it's not indented, and will then show up outside of the the quote box that IS displayed when your post is shown.

I hope that makes sense.

I'll do an example below...

• Options
    Posted By Mike Hedman on 21 Nov 2009 09:24 PM

It would be nice if when you are quoting someone, the quoted portion was distinquished in some way in the editing box. I've noticed that a number of people end up putting their replies in with the quoted text (since they can't see where the quote section ends). I've found that if just start typing after the quoted part, and your text is indented, then it's going to be included in the quote. But if you go down to the very bottom of the edit box and type, it's not indented, and will then show up outside of the the quote box that IS displayed when your post is shown.

I hope that makes sense.

Here's an example of a "bad" reply, which will get included in the quote.

And here's a good reply, which will be shown outside the quote.

Mike

• Options

Paul - I added the delete feature for this forum...please confirm you can see it.

Mike, good call on the quote piece. I have submitted it.

For all admin updates, please continue to refer to our admin doc: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0A...&hl=en

P

• Options
    Posted By Patrick McCrann on 22 Nov 2009 12:32 PM

Paul - I added the delete feature for this forum...please confirm you can see it.

P - I don't see it.  Where should it be on the post/page?

• Options

Funny thing with the Media menu drop down:

On the good side, it seems like the CSS has been changed...in a good way.  I like that the menu dropdowns are no longer see through!

Mike

• Options

Posted By Patrick McCrann on 22 Nov 2009 12:32 PM

P - I don't see it.  Where should it be on the post/page?

Can't see it.

• Options

Paul -

I clearly am out of my league here...it's in admin Q but our guy is racing Cozumel, back on Tuesday. Thanks,

P