Home Announcements 🎙
Options

Forums not showing complete topics

I was having a problem the last two nights on the forums when using Safari on my ipad, which I confirmed this morning at work on Firefox.

Many forum topics, when I click on them, don't show all responses.  I have to switch viewing to "Most Recent First" in order to see the most recent posts.  This happened in Leigh's Race Report from Patriot, in the Micro Thread, and in the CDA tracking thread, to name a few.  Clicking on it regularly, I only see a certain number of posts (and don't have an option to click to a second page to see more), and then if I switch to "Most Recent First", there's a number of posts that show up.

In the Micro thread, I posted something a couple of days ago.  Saturday and Sunday nights, when I looked at it, I saw the last post on pg. 13 as the final post (there was no "Next" and no way to get to a page 14, nor did it show a page 14 along the bottom).  But, after clicking on "Most Recent First", a bunch of new posts appeared (as well as visibility to the fact that there were 14 pages).

For the time being, "Most Recent First" seems to be a workaround, but thought someone would want to know about it.

Mike

Comments

• Options

Yep, what Mike said. Thought I couldn't find something again!

Thanks for putting that up, Mike. Saved me typing and 'splainin', as I was about to post about it.

• Options

Thanks. Ill take a look today. Thanks again for the detail...

• Options
    @mike or @linda - You think one of you can meet me via skype or messenger(or even the EN Chat room) so I can understand a bit more. I am having a little trouble reproducing it but I am sure I am just missing something.

• Options
    skype me at MikeGraffeo
  • Options
    I have tried in FFox and Safari, and get the proper page links to all the threads that mike is missing. Maybe he can screenshare?
  • Options
    don't have a screenshare set up on the work laptop.
  • Options
    Hey Mike...can you give me step by step instructions based on a specific thread, just so I can make sure I am not missing something. Before that, if you can make sure you do a hard refresh of the page just in case its something as simple as your web browser caching.

thanks
  • Options
    Step by step

1: go to Race Report forum

2: Click on Thread called "Patriot HIM", OP was Leigh Boyle (link here http://endurancenation.us.dnnmax.com/Community/Forums/tabid/101/aff/34/aft/2431/afv/topic/afnp/34815/Default.aspx)

3: view thread. Last post shown is by Michele Cellai 23 June 2010 08:00. beneath that post is standard "Add Reply" button on left, pull-down on right to select other forums. No indication that there are any additional pages to view, etc.

4: scroll back up, change sort to "Most Recent First", and see 9 additional posts, which were not seen on previous view, starting with Mike Nardone's post at 8:36 on 23 June. Strange thing about that view is that there's no way to see the OP, the last post that's viewable is Chris Malone's post at 20 June 2010 9:26pm

Like I said, I observed this in both Safari on the ipad the last two nights, and then again this morning on a Lenovo laptop using Firefox. Just for fun, I just checked it with IE, same problem.

Mike
  • Options

so you dont see this?

• Options

Correct!  I only see the drop down with the forums.  I have a screenshot, but can't seem to paste it here.  Imagine exactly what you just posted, but without the boxes with the 1 and 2.

• Options
    ok, i think i see something...it actually has to do with some settings that you,Linda and a few others tweaked in your settings. Stand by..
  • Options

Sure, blame the messenger

Thanks for looking into it so quickly!

Mike

• Options
    Seems to be working correctly right now!

Mike
  • Options
    I'm still messing around with it a bit. I have to balance this with some other performance changes that were recently made to help with the huge threads like macro/micro planning. I will update this thread when I am done. Thanks for your patience.
  • Options
    It's not me, it's you. image