Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Google Wave

Any of you techno-weemies interested in a Google Wave invite? I have 7 free invites. I would need your gmail address.

Thanks, Pete

Comments

• Options
    I got an invite a while ago. Spent 10 minutes tinkering and kind of gave up. Looks like it could be really beneficial for an "EN Wave", but I don't feel like investing a whole bunch of time into it yet.

If there are other out there that are interested in making a go of it, I'd be happy to participate.

tom
  • Options

Just got my account.  I need to dig into it a bit.  Not sure how useful it would be outside of work environment.

• Options
    I finally got my invite yesterday. Don't have the free time to watch the video right now. But if we get something started i'd be happy to play around.
  • Options

Got my invite from Tom and tinkered for about an hour a week or two ago.  Very cool but probably more for business purposes?  Text and e-mail are fine for me right now. 

But I am willing to play around with it if a group comes together test it out.

• Options

sounds interesting, would like to check it out.

gchrisgleason@gmail.com

• Options
    I got an invite, P got one, we found each other on Wave, banged on it for about 3'...lost interest. I didn't really get it.
  • Options

I think there needs to be a reason to start the wave in the first place.  If you are "just baanging around" I think it is hard to get a good idea of where the functionality is.

It definitely has huge potential.  The trouble right now is that it is in limited distribtion.  I can see it replacing the need for forum type discussions when it is widely available.  Think about a public wave with a #300orBust hashtag.  Anyone with a wave account could search for the hashag and become part of the discussion.  It's part chat, part email, part forum.  If a developer type in the haus built a robot to read WKO files, we'd all be able to share that in real time as well.

• Options

Everything PnI do is collaboration type stuff: email, chat, GDocs, Basecamp, etc. Would be nice to combine it all but, for me, it wasn't very intuitive.

• Options

It is certainly a shift in mindset.  Here's an idea - let's take this conversation to a wave.  I'll create one to start

• Options

I like this stuff.  Let me know when it is up and I will play, if you want me. 

• Options

what is your wave account so I can add you?

• Options

I'm game jumpserve@googlewave.com

• Options
    Posted By Cary Blanco on 01 Dec 2009 10:04 PM

I'm game jumpserve@googlewave.com

done

• Options

Fook.  I can't remember (TriDad or IronTriDad)  and the link Tom sent doesn't work anymore.  Won't let me go to the sign in page.   Can someone send me another invite?  TriDad@Gmail.com

• Options

added irontridad@gmail.com

• Options
    GoldenGlynns@Googlewave.com
  • Options
    Count me in, plus I have 26 invites if someone needs any:

marcro@googlewave.com
  • Options

I'm jefflinkus@googlewave.com

There is a lot of potential with this application as a SharePoint or Office SharePoint Server for everyone who can't afford the infastructure and license cost.  For EN, however, this could be used to coordinate changes to the site, top secrect plas (last years power hack), and for general colaboration.  As Rich said though, they still have a ways to go to make it intuitive.  Once there it could really add a lot of functionality to a community like this.

• Options
    Posted By Marc Robards on 02 Dec 2009 05:58 AM

marcro@googlewave.com
      Marc, shoot me one as I can't seem to get in via the one I got awhile back.  Will sign up under new username.
    My e-mail is IronTriDad@Gmail.com
    Thanx.

• Options
    Posted By John Stark on 02 Dec 2009 10:13 AM
    Posted By Marc Robards on 02 Dec 2009 05:58 AM

marcro@googlewave.com

Marc, shoot me one as I can't seem to get in via the one I got awhile back.  Will sign up under new username.
    My e-mail is IronTriDad@Gmail.com
    Thanx.

Invitation sent!

• Options
    pgiesin@googlewave.com
  • Options
    You can add me. I have had it for a few weeks and no idea what to do about it.

tuckermckeever@googlewave.com

Thanks