Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Surviving the Pre-Season

I wake up this morning and find that Nemo has offered 12 great ideas for Not Training Seriously for a year. I wish I had the strength to last that long. Maybe in time ...

But for me, baby steps. I'm just trying to find ways to make it until Jan 18, when Coaches say I can start to start the OS and Seriously Train again. Holiday shopping, parties, and family reunions help, but I need a daily fix of something SBR related, or the withdrawal is just too painful.

So far this week:

Monday, start to dig into the full Power Webinar in preparation for my switch to actual power-based training next year.

Tuesday, go for a professinal bike fitting with a PT who specializes in cycling preformance inmprovement and uses the Retul system (see my blog, url below, for details).

Wednesday, go for first real run in 2+ weeks, fittingly 45 minutes in 23 F weather, the coldest Dec 9th on record here in Puget Sound.

Thursday, unearth the mountain bike, left dormant since the 2008 Xterra Maui race, and tackle the roads on Green Mountain, elev 1500', where it promiseas to be even colder, with maybe even snow flurries.

But ... I'm starting to run out of ideas, and need some help!

Comments

• Options
    5. Take local gym yoga or other stretching.
    6. Do abs and something different
    7. Upload new music on IPOD
    8. Call up some slower pace athletes and go out running biking or swimming with them
    9. Go walk in some place different and take some pics
    10. Take a Zumba class. you do this and my hat is off to you, way fun and hilarious and you will be the only guy, so take your wife!
    11. do some running drills without putting in the mileage
  • Options

12.  Take a SPIN class

13. Plan out a non tri vacation for some time next year

14.  Take surfing lessons or golf lessons, or some other "I've always wanted to learn to X" type of thing

15.  Plan a dinner party with friends/neighbors you don't normally get to spend time with.  Oh- and do the cooking and cleaning to earn some extra SAU's with your wife too!

• Options
    Posted By Nemo Brauch on 10 Dec 2009 10:43 AM

13. Plan out a non tri vacation for some time next year

Is this legal? Don't you at least have to do a marathon or something for it to count?