Home Announcements 🎙
Options

Cut and Paste to WKO+

Hi Guys,

I used to be able to cut and paste the workouts from the .pdf files into WKO+.  When I try this now all I get is a bunch of mumbo jumbo characters.  Is anybody else having this problem or were the files saved differently?  Maybe it's a case of I need to restart my computer.

Comments

• Options

I'm having the same problem suddenly when I try to cut and paste my workotus fom the new Week 7 PDF to my TrainingPeaks calendar.  I assume the other remaining weeks won't work either. 

I hope this can be fixed ASAP.  It's a pain enough having to cut and paste each workout.  I wish there was an easier way to upload an entire weeks worth or complete training schedule into TP. 

Why do the workouts have to be published in PDF format.  The training plans would be more useful if they could be in a Word (.doc) file or even a CSV file would work better than PDF. 

• Options
    @Mike, we used to offer our plans as TrainingPeaks downloads and .pdf's side by side. Sales of .pdf to TrainingPeaks were probably 20/1, easy. There are also significant costs associated with maintaining and selling plans on TrainingPeaks. Our customers have spoken so we went with .pdf's vs TP.

Same with Word docs and csv. Not everyone has/wants/needs Word or excel. Reader is a free program. and is the standard for applications like this.

The training plan platform you see here is, at most, about 6wks old. We already making significant changes to it, which you'll begin to see in a few weeks. The foundation of these changes will be to put all of our plans into a database, which will then allows us to do many more things on the output of these plans.
  • Options

I'm guessing the 20/1 ratio was more a reflection of who is using TP (or not using it) than a vote for file format.  I'm not asking for a TP plan and certainly don't need a TP specific plan.  TP has been my main tool I've used the past several years as a place to keep my workouts logged.  With the changes they've made I'm likely to stop using it when my subscription expires. 

For now I just want to be able to get my workouts into TP.  I can't do anything with the workouts in PDF format other than view them...as of now I can't even cut and paste the workouts.  What changed?  I was able to cut and paste the workouts for the paste six weeks but now I just get garbage.  I shouldn't have to type each workout in by hand every day.  The PDF format is more of a  hinderence than a help right now.

I wasn't here to add my vote for the file format for the training plans but if TP and PDF were the only options then that wasn't much of a choice.  The only advangate of PDF format for users is it makes the plan look pretty.   There are plenty of free apps to read/modify DOC and CSV files.  But if you want to keep it simple how about providing it in HTML; easy to create and share, easy to view online or locally, and easy to cut and paste.

Thanks.

• Options

Folks -

Thanks for your feedback. As you have noted, the new PDF versions, made when we updated the plans (to make them better) just two weeks ago, don't cut and paste well. We are very sorry for this inconvenience.

We wrote these plans to get you, our Team, workouts. We didn't write these plans so they could be cut or pasted, or imported, or downloaded, or magnified, etc. As you noted, we are not Training Peaks, we are coaches. What you do with our information is your business, some folks upload to TP, other print and put on the fridge, some memorize and walk away.

We are working on a new training plan system, due in early January, that will fix this issue (and be a significant upgrade to you at zero additional cost). To go back and fix these plans so that you can cut and paste for the next 3-4 weeks will simply delay the pending upgrade that will eliminate this issue altogether.

So, please sit tight. I know it's no fun typing MS: 2 x 15' (3') ;z4/FTP  but it could be worse, we could have written a novel!

Thanks for your understanding,

Patrick