Home Classifieds
Options

wanted/searching: entry level road bike

A runner friend of mine would like to get into tri's, but she is (like I was) on a tight budget.  She's about 5'2", so small frame sizes are preffered  image  Thanks all!!!

Comments

• Options
    I have a friend who is selling a Quinta Roo. Here are the particulars: 2003 Quintana Roo Private Reserve

52cm 650c wheels. Comes with Dura ace components for both road(2007 sti dura ace) and tt set ups. Syntace aero bars with syntace basebar. Components - Ultegra front, Dura ace rear, Ultegra breaks and crank. Velocity Deep-v training wheels and HED 3 + HED Disc for racing.

$600.00 Cdn

If interested email Paulrunner@rogers.com or call Paul at 613-821-9474.

Frame size might be to big for her. The bike is in excellent condition.
  • Options

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly!  Turns out she is 5'3" so maybe this could work.  I will pass along the info and put her in touch with Paul if she is interested.  Thanks again!!

Julia

• Options

Julia,

I have Joanne's 48cm bike hanging in the garage. Calfee, carbon frame. I picked up for her as a trade out on some coaching. Hasn't been touched in ~7yrs . 650c wheels, I think it may be missing a saddle but otherwise good. I'll have to take a look when I get home.

• Options

Rich - oh that is fantastic too!  48cm probably more in her range.  I am making her go to a bike store this week and ride around on some frames to see what will fit.  Do let me know what you find when you get home!  Thanks so much!!

• Options
    Once your friend has a bike frame size it will be easier to look for a bike, because you can post a request with specifics. I think a 54cm bike might be to big for her.
  • Options

Julia,

Sorry for the delay, I just checked the bike. It's missing a seat post, saddle, and pedals. Pretty sure I have a saddle and some old-style Look pedals around somewhere, though she may want to start with flat pedals and work herself up to the clipless of her choice? And I can get a hold of a seatpost for her.

• Options
    Dude, you have a spare 54cm Calfee lying around anywhere? :-)
  • Options
    My bike is a 54. '02 Luna Pro, low mileage, only ridden to church on Sunday's :-)
  • Options

Thanks Rich!  She is definitely more interested in the 48cm frame.  I will check to see if she is interested in the look pedals or if she wants to start with flat.  Let me know what you might want for it (maybe via PM...? I dunno what's best)  Thanks!

• Options

Hey Rich - she is going to do the flat pedals for a while longer.  She's a smart cookie about taking it one step at a time like that.  image  (unlike I was!) 

• Options
    Posted By Julia Herrmann on 27 Feb 2011 08:09 PM

Hey Rich - she is going to do the flat pedals for a while longer.  She's a smart cookie about taking it one step at a time like that.    (unlike I was!) 

Cool. Check your PM's