Home General Training Discussions
Options

FSA Compact cranks

Howdy all,

I am converting to a compact cranks set  and am looking for any help on finding a compatible FSA compact. I am currently riding FSA Gossamer on a 2008 P2C.  I can find the Crank set but I think only need to swap out the cranak and not the bottom bracket. I am also looking to be able to swap back depending on the terrrain i'm riding.  I have read that the FD can work for both standard and compact (Shimano Ultegra).

Thanks much and merry Christmas all!

Dusty (aka Greg)

Comments

• Options
    Greg,

Not sure about the specifics of the Gossamer.

I have an FSA K-force lite 172.5 compact (50/34) with ceramic BB I was going to sell. If you are interested contact me at: drhoffart@gmail.com
  • Options

Thanks Vince. Maybe we can find someone who needs (or wants) a ceramic BB?  I'm really just looking for the cranks.

Dusty

• Options

Greg,

I think you should plan on not need to swap out the cranks. I've had compacts since '06, never going back to standard cranks. Also much easier, and provides more flexiblity of gearing, to swap out the cassette vs cranks. IOW, put the compact on forget about it, switching cassettes, not cranks, for terrain. That said, I've been 50/34, 25-12 10spd for 3-4yrs and have never felt a need to change the gearing, for anything.

• Options

... and keep the ceramic bb ... that's one sweet component!