Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Wednesday before Christmas Weigh In

Only one more week to go for me and I am in the clear. 

I'm up 1 lbs due to some extra eating, 221 lbs for me.

Here's the spreadsheet:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...&hl=en

Gordon

Comments

• Options

I'm up 2.2 ... I was actually expecting much worse since I have done almost zero phyiscal activity since the last wednesday.  Since I can now start to do non-impact or weight bearing activities, I should be able to bring it back down by next week.

• Options
    Good News: I didn't gain anything from last week
    Bad News: I didn't loose anything either and I'm still 4-5 pounds over goal
    Good News: I went back and looked at the Holiday Weekly Challenge threads from last year and discovered I was exactly in the same place last year that I am right now. So that gives me a lot of confidence that it will all start to melt away when the OS starts for me in Jan. WHEW.

Thank you EVERYONE for this challenge thread. Knowing I have to weigh in and report (even if no one else reads it) every Wednesday really helps me stay focused.
  • Options

I'm not even looking at the scale today - next week will be soon enough!  Too many goodies at work...

• Options
    Up about 1 pound, my clothes are fitting great though.

A general question: Do you think that muscle soreness from the push-ups and other lifting could be adding a little weight? It seems like the first few days that I start a weight lifting course that I always gain a little when I am the most sore. I'm curious if others see the same thing.

• Options
    Posted By Christy Beal on 23 Dec 2009 10:33 AM

A general question: Do you think that muscle soreness from the push-ups and other lifting could be adding a little weight? It seems like the first few days that I start a weight lifting course that I always gain a little when I am the most sore. I'm curious if others see the same thing.

I dunno, but I hope you are right!

• Options

Christy- I'd like to think that the slight inflammation from new exercises increases water retention in that area. Hence- WEIGHT GAIN!! It's not scientific, but I'll take it

As for me, I fully admit to a feeding "free for all" Monday at our work pot luck. I decided this one day would be fine. Of course I neglected to consider that I had cooked and baked on Sunday to get ready. Of course I had to taste everything, lick the beaters, spatulas, and bowls, etc. So being up 0.8 isn't too bad. I am already back at it to stay on track, cause now I am 2.2 over goal.

• Options

moving in the right direction. down .5 and back in the 136's. made some changes to front load my day and the body comp is coming along nicely so will take it. off for 4 days with the fam so yikes. could be ugly. big italian family.

• Options
    bad week for me - long hours + lots of treats around the office = up 2 pounds
  • Options

Holding steady which is a victory in and of itself considering I am in full blown beer and baked goods holiday mode image!. Next week will not be so nice I am sure, but I am going to enjoy the Champagne, Oyster Stew, Pate, cheese and holiday sweet treats tonight after church, the HUMONGOUS traditional Christmas day breakfast with all of the loverly Fat Piggie Products in the morning and then of course the Standing Rib Roast, potatoes (w/ all kinds of butter, cream and cheese!), the unhealthiest salad you have ever seen in your life and the Buche de Noel all along with REALLY good wine tomorrow night. January is gonna suck when it comes time for cauliflower and carrots all the time image
  • Options

OK so I will account 1-2 lbs and possibly more to my enthusiastic weight lifting a push-ups over the holiday 

• Options
    Oh no- we just received a big package of homemade mocha rum balls. I'm screwed!
  • Options

Nemo- That's the down side of working from home. No co-workers to pawn that stuff off onto!

• Options
    OMG!! Up 5 pounds from last week! Damn you pizza, sweet nectar of life!