Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Universal Sports Episodes....DVD?

Looks like the IMNA race are going to be all shown on Universal Sports instead of Versus. I don't have this channel. Anybody know of a way o buying a DVD, copying and episode, etc so I add to my collection for the pain cave....i need more!

I also put this on ST.com....I'll let you know if anything comes from that site.

Comments

• Options

try universalsports.com.

• Options

when I go to the triathlon video section, it tells me that there are no tri videos on the site.  Am I doing something wrong?

• Options

You can find some of the video's on some 'not so legal' sites (bit torrent sites). So they are out there.

Universal wasn't carried by directv for a long time but now is (channel 604 I think). I also know that lots of people get it using a digital tuner over the air.

-Dave

• Options

Is that correct about DirecTV carrying Universal again?  They were carrying it over the summer and then dropped it ~September.  I just checked the listings and the old channel, 604, is unavailable.  That was a bummer when they dropped it - it broadcast great events.

• Options
    Posted By Brian Massey on 30 Dec 2009 07:59 AM

Is that correct about DirecTV carrying Universal again?  They were carrying it over the summer and then dropped it ~September.  I just checked the listings and the old channel, 604, is unavailable.  That was a bummer when they dropped it - it broadcast great events.

As fate would have it, we've recently been investigating a switch from our local crappy cable company (Charter) to DirectTV so I just did a side-by-side compare of the chanel listings.  DirectTV does not currently carry Universal OR Versus.  Apparetnly there is some big political brew-ha-ha between the Comcast folks (who own Versus) and the DirectTV folks over their contracts. 

For me- this is a deal breaker.  I was willing to live without Tivo for a little while until Tivo & DirectTV work out their issues with the product release ( DirectTV and Tivo have said they will offer a combined product in the near future- but that date keeps getting pushed) but I'm not willing to give up access to Versus and TDF coverage!

• Options

Micheal,

You are right.  No triathlon videos, but, there are some short cycle videos.

George