Home General Training Discussions
Options

Normalized Power Shows N/A

I know I read this somewhere before but can't find it.  Most of my intervals show n/a for normalized power in wko+ for todays workout.  I'm guessing it's because the watts are outside my ranges.  How do I fix it so that I get actual numbers to appear.  Thanks all.

Comments

• Options
    if i remember correctly, it's not because the wattage is outside of the range, but the interval needs to be longer than 5' for it to show NP.
  • Options

Thanks Keith.  The numbers for the entire workout seem correct anyway.  I've seen n/a before in previous intervals but it was just really noticeable today with the 30/30's.

• Options
    Yup- Keith is right. I don't remember if it's 4' or 5', but either way you won't see NP for 30/30's
  • Options

Additionally, according to Andrew Coggan, the normalized power numbers for any time frames < 20 minutes should be considered as suspect and probably ignored. He says that his formulas are unable to calculate normalized power numbers < 20 minutes with much confidence in their accuracy.

• Options

As the interval gets shorter then NP (normalized power) should be essentially identical to AP (average power) so would just use that number for comparison purposes.