Home General Training Discussions
Options

Move week 8 vDot test? Impact to plan?

Not sure if we should jump in here now that this thread has been converted. Figured I could serve as a tester, anyway.

I’m in Oct OS and I’m looking ahead to week 8, week of TG, when we test. I’m considering doing the local Turkey Trot (4 miles) as a test venue on TG day, but only if there wouldn't be high opportunity cost to a) doing a little longer run for the test or b) to rejigger the week's plan to fit the race in. How might the reconfigured week would look if I did that….essentially moving the test from Weds to Thursday...Would you say that I'm better off just sticking with the test on Weds? I'm fine doing that if that's easier.

THANKS! And aplogies if you're not ready for these questions to come through in the new environment.

Olivia

Comments

• Options

I don't think there is a problem doing the race as your test. You're not talking about a significantly bigger effort.  Besides, it will be more fun (don't let RnP hear that)

• Options

Do the race. Definitely. Take Wed off, or go an easy run. Race Th. Do bike on Friday, run Sat, bike Sun. That's what I would do. Mixing up the week like that is just fine to have fun.

• Options
    What everyone else said. Go crush yourself on race day and then go crush a turkey...or tofurkey or whatever you like to eat! Higher vDOT = 1 extra slice of pie! image
  • Options
    Awesome! Thanks team! I will sign myself up today... And Coach P, if I do get a higher vDot and dig into that extra pie slice...I'm telling everyone that it's "cuz my coach told me to."