Home OUT SEASON-OCTOBER CREW Group Discussion-OUT SEASON-OCTOBER CREW
Options

Oct OS: Week of Dec 12 Bike/Run

Looks like the VO2 segments increase!  Yahoo!

Comments

• Options

Well today is Week 12 of the Advanced Plan and it hurt a little more. My VO2 increased to an ON time of 15 minutes. Again, my goal is 264. I went for 230/230 x 6.

I hit 278-1.26, 275-1.25, 273-1.24, 272-1.24, 268-1.22, and 275-1.25

I then went 10 min @ .88, 10 min @ .92 and 5 min @ 1.05

Total wko was 61 minutes with an overall IF of .98, TSS of 97.3, 17.34 miles and Ave of 84 RPM

Will do the run after dropping my little one off at school.

Okay the run was done about an hour an a half after the bike and I have to say it felt awesome.  I told myself to start sticking to the damn numbers I was given via my vDOT.  35 minutes at .5-1% incline the entire time and it was seriously a very relaxing run.  Then did 4x30second strides starting at 9.5 mph and ended at 12 mph.  All very controlled and felt great.  

• Options
    @Carl - so I go to 15' next week! So, this week doesn't look so bad now! Today was satisfying - my Z5 target is AVHR of 159 and 21mph:

5 X 2.5'(2.5') @ Z5 and hit AVHR of 151, 158, 161, 163, and 166 and kept it at 21-22mph and felt good! Then 4 X 4'(1') @ Z3. By then I was smoked and really did 31:19 run @ a very Z1 pace.

@Mark - hope those antibiotics kick in ASAP so you don't miss out on the Holidays! Being sick is bad enough in the OS - but to miss the Holidays, awful!
  • Options
    Great work guys! I am up to 12 min ON time. Intermediate plan. I barely wrapped my head around 10...now it is 12!! Yikes! image

Hope everyone is healthy, or trying to stay/ get healthy for the holidays! Take care of yourselves...
  • Options

Another post-call workout session today, but totally different than last week.  Perhaps it was the catharsis of venting in the other thread, but I was a man posessed.  4x3' @120+ then 15 minutes Z3.  Cough has improved, but the snot was flying!  Hit the showers then went back to work for a meeting.  Got home and hit the 40' run w 3x20 strides AND made dinner (ok, I heated some fresh lasagna from the grocery - but I made the salad and dressing!).  Now I'm praying the kids fall asleep so I can!

@Joe:  I'm such a bad MD.  I know its not bacterial, but I'm still taking antibiotics.  I asked a colleague of mine who had a similar cold and he said it was a MONTH before he felt back to normal!  Coughing is good for the core?!

• Options
    Team I tore this wko up......New 60 minute PR for me

http://dmfd416.blogspot.com/

Check it out in my blog.....Too long to post here but raised the VO max to 3 and 4 minute segments and felt great and my HR was below 170!!!!
  • Options

@Lynne - are we really up to 120/120? Good job getting the wko in at the Y - makes you appreciate the pain cave on hectic days I am sure! Guess I'll up my strength wko today - make up for the calories I've been adding! image

@Carl - awesome that you are keeping them to below 170 with those intervals!

@Mark - I have faith in our American quality of medical care after all I've seen in 27 years in the Army. I can tell stories... image

Today I did 5 X 2.5' (2.5') @Z5 and my Z5 HR is >159 and although I hit my Z5 for the last two, I certainly didn't feel as strong as Tuesday even though I was hitting the speed. Not surprising since I overslept 45' this morning. image

Now for the strength wko and some recovery before this weekend's way hard wkos!

• Options
    I rearranged my schedule this week and did the Sat workout today, then Sunday will be an off day...

Did the bike long intervals + VO2 work early this morning. Boy that was tough!!! Then just busted out a 5 mile run in 37:30...felt awesome!!! 7:40, 7:39, 7:33, 7:28, 7:05! Shocked at how great I felt. Cold and calm today...no snow, so I needed to get some fresh air and ran outside. Loved it!
  • Options

Well since I have been screaming over a 1.0 IF the last few wko's I decided to do an impromptu FTP this am. The wko was 20 min x2 with a 4 min break then 8 min of ON time and the rest at 85%. Followed the plan but made the rest between 20 minutes only two.

Entire wko was 90 min and netted me an IF of 1.031 and TSS points of 158.9

FTP #1 for 20 min was 237 and IF 1.078

FTP #2 for 20 min was 252 and IF 1.146

Netted me a new FTP of.......drum roll.........242 watts up from 220!!!!!! Very excited and now the pain begins.

http://dmfd416.blogspot.com/2011/12...tp242.html

Bike numbers are in the Blog above.....

Then did the 30 min brick but was not able to hang onto the HMP at all therefore did MP only.  Happy and doneimage.  Have a great wko crew!!

• Options

@Annie - good idea switching the wkos. I need to do that next weekend so I get Christmas off and not burn uneeded SAUs! image

Although I am in week #11, I had the same wko as Carl. My target HR and AVSP for Z4 and Z5 are 153-158/>20mph and >159 and >21mph

For the first 20"@Z4, my AVHR was only 151. For the second, my AVHR hit 164 and even hit a max of 177! But - I kept it at a steady 20-21mph and felt about right for the Z4. For the 4 X 2'(2') @Z5, I hit all my targets and felt strong.

The run was 20' @ Z3 and although I started off at Z2, I built it up to Z3 and then even at the end into Z4. Overall a strong wko. Now to talk to my wife about making some of those cool receipes on the other thread! image