Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Texas
Options

IMTexas, 18-24 Feb WKO Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    You GO JK ! I'm with you! 95% of FTP WTF is that?

I agree, its time to get fired up, and focus on , consistency, working hard, resting hard, body comp. We got 12 weeks to do the right things!

I like to post my workouts , not for an atta boy , not for bragging rights , I like to do it , to hold myself accountable! Putting it out there for everyone to see , hopefully not showing any weakness! Its like confession although I'll admit I don't know what that is LOL...

Today's 95min TM run 12.33 miles w/3x9min Z3 and 2x17min Z2 http://connect.garmin.com/activity/277079549 Note: my Z2 and Z3 are plus about 10sec
  • Options

Right on John .....& as John McLane might say...Yippee Kai Ay MF*kr...indeed....the past 14 just got us ready to rock....and now just 12 weeks to lay it out there...

Today I joined my local Tri Club for the first time at their Sunday Group Swims...and it did me good!...got some good advice from their Swim Coach (lead)...and a video...which I will review later....then 2300 yds. broken up and completed at a harder/faster pace than I typically am able to achieve (ie. 50's/ 75's/100's all in the 1:4XX's...) very pleased...then out for an hour run (8miles...pace was a little slower than I typically like...but this is probably good for me....)...I may keep this as my regularly scheduled Sunday gig and do extended Swim/Run or Swim/Bikes...(maybe alternate)....

As with Tim...I like to post workouts....not so much to crow about particular pace/time etc....but I like to see how people approach, complete, adapt, the workouts if/and when they do....

Cheers!

• Options
    Beautiful day, but life and other responsibilities put me on the trainer. 2:30 with w/u and then 6x15 @ 0.85+. Hoping to get outside starting next weekend. Just had some compact cranks put on the tri-bike and need to start getting into the position.

1st swim of the year on tap for tomorrow morning. Should be an interesting time.

Keep the mojo coming everyone!
  • Options

Way to go Roy!...good luck with the swim...

Like to hear how you like the compact cranks...what did you switch from ...to?  what were your thoughts that made you switch?

Cheers

• Options
    4000 meters in pool this morning. A mix of 200s, 150s, 125s and 100s. Average pacing between 1:20 and 1:22/ 100 meters