Home Classifieds
Options

FS: Zipp Firecrest 404 Clincher Set with Powertap SL+

$2,100 Shipped to anywhere in the Continental US for my gently used Zipp Firecrest 404 Carbon Clincher Set with Powertap SL+.  I will also ship anywhere in the world to an EN member if you cover the shipping cost and any import duties, etc.

Wheelset only.  No cassette, tires, tubes, computer, etc.  Just the Front and Rear wheels with original Zipp rim tape and Shimano Freehub.  Wheels have black bladed spokes.  Front is built around a silver Zipp hub and Rear is built around a silver and Carbon Fiber SL+ Powertap (this PT is ANT+ and will work with Garmin, Joule, LYC, etc.).  Just tonight I installed brand new batteries in the hub.  These wheels are fantastic, but I recently bought an SRM and don't need them anymore.

Wheelbuilder build this wheelset for me and they were actually delivered to me at IMLou in August of 2011. 

I always used a set of Powertap Training wheels, so these Zipp wheels got very little use.  This wheelset has been raced at IMLou (2011), NJ Devilman Half-Lite (2012), AmZof (2012), and Patriot Half (2012)  IMNYC (2012), Kona (2012).  It has also been used for a handful of training rides and pre-race tuneups.  I am a gear junkie and I take meticulous care of my triathlon toys.

They are in perfect condition with two very minor exceptions (which I tried to show in the pictures: 1) very slight nicks on the freehub from changing cassettes as is quite common for Powertap wheels (this will not cause any issues at all as a cassette will mount perfectly onto it...) and 2) slight wear on the stickers on the rear wheel from where my disc cover rubbed during races.

Send me a PM or post here with any questions you may have. (I'll probably send these to my favorite auction site in a couple weeks if nobody here cares)

Comments

• Options
    I am still ruminating about these wheels, so please give another update before sticking them on another site. (If they aren't already sold)