Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Trek Speed Concept

I just returned from seeing the soon to be released Trek Speed Concept. Final changes for the production model that are said to be improvements to the version Chris Lieto rode in Kona should make it a much sought after tri bike. BIG improvements over the TTX...too bad my QRoo is being repaired and repainted as I type...

Comments

• Options

I want one................

• Options
    From what I've seen the front fork is coolio like the Strock with the brake hidden in the fork rather than straddling the back of the fork. Much more aero. the Bayonet is cool too. I just was fit by Lieto's fitter last Friday and he said it was a cool bike. My bike is aero enough...it's the fat, inflexible rider that sits on it that is the aero parachute.

I need to get my hamstring flexibility to 120 degrees to ride at 22-24 degrees off horizontal and I'm barely at 90 degrees. Hint: if you want to be flat on the bike...stretch those hammys daily, foam roller em...whatever it takes.

Vince
  • Options
    I almost bought a TTX last month, but jumped on an opportunity to get a Giant Trinity Advanced SL-1. It's the same idea as the Speed Concept or Storck. It''s the apparent absence of a steering column that gives that major aero benefits. I have a duathlon tomorrow...my maiden race voyage for the new steed. I'm at 90 degrees on the elbow and 22 on the hip...better go do the foam roller right now!
  • Options

I am having a dilemma trying to figure out which bike, P4, Giant or Speed Concept.  The trek is really interesting - no cables and water bottle bosses...very cool - waiting to see how much and if and when it will really be avaliable

• Options
    Does the Giant & Trek come up similar geometry wise? I wouldn't fit one without some real hassle so wasn't really a consideration when I was looking around recently, that is if they are 'long & short' like the P4 - noticed Lieto has very high armrests.
    I've got extra long legs (run a 81cm seat even tho' I'm only 6'1) which pretty much limited me to 2-3 bikes - ended up with the 'dale Slice in a 58cm.
  • Options
    Posted By Martin Redmann on 11 Feb 2010 09:22 PM

I just returned from seeing the soon to be released Trek Speed Concept. Final changes for the production model that are said to be improvements to the version Chris Lieto rode in Kona should make it a much sought after tri bike. BIG improvements over the TTX...too bad my QRoo is being repaired and repainted as I type...

Martin,

Any word on when soon is?

• Options

Having spent all weekend with the bike...

If you are racing before July and looking for new Speed Concept then you will be disappointed.  They are laid up in Waterloo, not across the pond.  Our K-Swiss/TREK team did not all get the bike.  Only Chris, Julie Dibens and Joe Gambles will be on them right now.  Rest are on TTX.  Initial production going to Tour teams, etc then pro triathletes, then retail.  Going to be $10k depending on how you outfit!

• Options

As an alternative, you might want to consider the Giant, but do it soon.  Only about 25 in the U.S. right now, and anticipated availability for the entire year is expected to be under 100.   I got the very first one sold in Florida (out of three available).  The SL-1 is significantly cheaper than $10K and came with all Dura-Ace 7900 components except the brakes which are custom to the bike.  Comes with Giant carbon wheels (about 50-60mm deep)...makes for very pretty training wheels.