Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Need more detail on transition from HIM plan to IM plan

Hi Rich,

I am doing Quassy, then IM Lake Placid, and you did a season plan for me.  That plan has me doing the HIM plan through the week of May 13 (getting in the last HIM race rehearsal).  Then I switch to IM plan on May 20, picking it up in week 11.  What I failed to mention in my season survey is that I am doing the Lake Placid camp the weekend after Quassy (at least part of it - will probably do the Saturday full IM race rehearsal - and the Sunday long run.  I may have to miss the Friday ride). So I have two questions:

1. The first weekend in the IM plan will be Memorial Day weekend and is the weekend before Quassy - I will have difficulty getting in a long ride that weekend (I can probably take off the Friday before I go away and get in a long ride), and in any case I am wondering how to taper for Quassy that weekend and the following week while starting up the IM plan?

2.  The weekend after Quassy I will be doing a 6 hour race rehearsal ride at the Placid camp, but the longest ride up to that point will be three hours!  Unless I get in the 4 hour ride the Friday before Memorial Day.  I am wondering if I should maybe do a hybrid plan - start working in the IM plan's Saturday long rides starting around the week of April 29th or so, but keep the HIM plan for the rest of the days for each week?  Although I notice the Saturday rides at that point in the IIM plan are only 3.5 hrs, vs 3 hrs in the HIM plan...  Looks like the Saturday bike volume in the IM plan ramps up in weeks 11 and 12 - Memorial Day/taper and Quassy weekends for me.

Sorry to ramble on.  Thanks for the help!

Jim

Comments

• Options

Jim, 

I recommend on 4/22 loading up the IM plan to end on IMLP. That should give you a head start on the IM volume. Regarding how to work Quassy into that plan, please see the "Self Coaching Guide" in the Wiki. This details how to modify your training plan for race week and post race. 

For now, don't worry about how to work the camp into the plan. Patrick will publish that guidance around the time of the camp. 

• Options
    I know this is Macro forum coach only response but I want to remind Jim that the IMLP camp is June 13-16 which is two weeks after Quassy. Sorry to interupt.
  • Options
    Thanks Rich - I think I am a little more comfortable with that approach. And thanks Robert! The last time I did the Quassy/LP Camp combo it was one week apart, and I assumed it was the same this time! That next weekend works out much better for me and I can do the whole thing as well. Cool!
  • Options
    Jim, also note that you need to register for the camp and there is a fee this year. See the camps tab above
  • Options
    Yes - will do that. Was waiting for some potential conflicts to be cleared up (for the wrong weekend). Looks like the roadmap for Quassy/LP the Patrick put out has the wrong dates for the training camp as well. Thanks again.
  • Options

Posted By Jim Daley on 12 Apr 2013 10:29 AM

Yes - will do that. Was waiting for some potential conflicts to be cleared up (for the wrong weekend). Looks like the roadmap for Quassy/LP the Patrick put out has the wrong dates for the training camp as well. Thanks again.

Please post the link to it and we'll fix/kill it

• Options
    There are links to online and PDF versions from this page: http://members.endurancenation.us/Resources/Wiki/tabid/91/Default.aspx?topic=2013+Master+Season+Plans
    Also need to correct the date of IMLP on those.