Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

modifications for half marathon

Hi Coach P.!   I am racing a half marathon next Sunday (Apr. 21st) and would like to give it my best shot.  Just jumped into HIM plan (week 14 starts Monday) and should be doing two longish bikes and a run this weekend.  Will do the 6-mile easy run per your previous suggestion, and would like to get those rides in  (have to reverse them...another story).  Haven't really had a transition week so I'm thinking of tapering this week before the race (e.g., Thurs/Fri off) and jog a couple easy miles on Sat.  Should I try and get in a couple of good rides earlier in the week?  Also maybe a few short run intervals on Tues or Wed?  Or what do you think?  THANKS!

Comments

• Options
    Unite 1/2?
  • Options

Anyone racing the Rutgers Half on April 21st are welcome to stop by the Central Jersey Tri Club/We Dream Team tent at the race finish.  

Stop by and say hello!

• Options
    CAROL! I was going to ask the same question Melanie asked - UNITE???? I'm registered (as of right now, planning on being there, but have a lot of life "stuff" going on that might change things... ). Let me know if you will both be there! We should meet up! Like Darren mentioned - I will prob be somewhere in the vicinity of the CJTC/We Dream Team tent at the finish...
  • Options
    hope to run - suffered a minor hamstring pull and have not run in 1 1/2 weeks.  can't defer or transfer so I feel compelled to at least participate :) 
  • Options
    Yes, Unite 1/2 at Rutgers. Turby and I will both be there. Will look for you all after the race !
  • Options
    @Carol, do the plan through Wed. Thursday is swim only, friday off, sat is short run with some pick ups...have run (um, i mean FUN!).

@TEAM...pictures please!!!