Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

RR Juggle-naut

My first RR for IMTX is scheduled for this Saturday....it shows a good possiblity of rain...(I'm not a wuss..if I need to race in the rain...no problem but for my RR...I'd like better conditions)...and Saturday is sandwiched between two good days....IF...I were to do the RR on Friday or Sunday....How would you change the schedule?

currently the plan calls for 

Wed. Swim/Bike FTP

Thurs. - Long Run

Fri. - Swim/easy run

Sat. - RR

Sun.- 90 bike

Comments

• Options

Posted By Joseph Lombardi on 16 Apr 2013 02:24 PM

My first RR for IMTX is scheduled for this Saturday....it shows a good possiblity of rain...(I'm not a wuss..if I need to race in the rain...no problem but for my RR...I'd like better conditions)...and Saturday is sandwiched between two good days....IF...I were to do the RR on Friday or Sunday....How would you change the schedule?

currently the plan calls for 

Wed. Swim/Bike FTP

Thurs. - Long Run

Fri. - Swim/easy run

Sat. - RR

Sun.- 90 bike

I'm thinking that SUNDAY...willl be the day...how would you alter Fri,Sat & Mon...if I were to do the RR on Sunday?...THANKS.

• Options

@Joe --- I'd move Sunday's 90 min bike to friday , Move the friday swim/easy run to Saturday, RR Sunday , Mon Off or swim...... that way you can have a fairly easy day on either side of your RR , you can also monitor friday's ride based on how you feel after thursdays long run.... Also of Note is I think Sunday 90min ride is a misprint since usually we have a day off after a RR.
  • Options

That makes alot of sense Tim...I hear ya on the 90min ride too...thanks.