Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

HIM training plan

Hi Rich,
Just finished OS intermediate plan, this week is a transition week. Per my season plan you provided, I will load up the intermediate HIM to end on 6/30 (Pacific crest on 6/29). In looking at the HIM plan it has a jump in the run to 100 min. Since I've really only been running 60-75 min should I scale that back a bit? Also the long runs are on Thursdays, is there any reason I couldn't swap one of the weekend rides with that day, if so which one would be better. Would be nice to run with some of my kronies on the weekend.
Thanks for your input!
Jenn
Ps... I checked for a subscribe spot before submitting and there isn't one.. I'll submit and re check

Comments

• Options

Jennifer, yes, always adjust the long run to a volume that you feel is safe for you and then take your time building up to the prescribed runs. FYI, 

1. When you start a thread the "subscribe to this thread to receive replies via email" lives under Additional Options. However, I've made subscribe the default setting for this forum so you shouldn't have to actually do that. 
    2. When you are replying to an existing thread, the subscribe check box lives at the bottom, to the left of the Submit button.

Dunno why it's like that, in two different places, seems kinda silly to me but there you are 

• Options
    Rich, thanks for the info on the "subscribe" issue. 2nd part of question..

Also the long runs are on Thursdays, is there any reason I couldn't swap one of the weekend rides with that day, if so which one would be better, saturday or sunday? IOW .. ride thurs and long run on either sat or sun. Would be nice to run with some of my kronies on the weekend every once in a while.
    Thanks for your input!
  • Options
    Sorry, missed that one. Preferred would be Saturday long run, Sunday long ride, in order to do the long run on fresher legs. But Saturday long ride, Sunday long run is fine too.
  • Options

Hey Rich,

In the Intermediate HIM plan.  I see that in week 12, there is a bike test and a run test.  Just coming off OS with 1 week of transition which ended this past Sunday.  I tested on the bike April 11th and did the 10k run test on April 14th.  All my tests have been outside (lucky me!).  Do I need to test again..my numbers are only about 1 week old.    Thanks!  Hope you guys escaped the fires and didn't have too much smoke! 

• Options

Hey Rich..did you miss this one?  Thanks,  Jenn

Posted By Jennifer Eckert on 22 Apr 2013 09:56 PM

Hey Rich,

In the Intermediate HIM plan.  I see that in week 12, there is a bike test and a run test.  Just coming off OS with 1 week of transition which ended this past Sunday.  I tested on the bike April 11th and did the 10k run test on April 14th.  All my tests have been outside (lucky me!).  Do I need to test again..my numbers are only about 1 week old.    Thanks!  Hope you guys escaped the fires and didn't have too much smoke! 

• Options

Posted By Jennifer Eckert on 27 Apr 2013 05:22 PM

Hey Rich..did you miss this one?  Thanks,  Jenn

Posted By Jennifer Eckert on 22 Apr 2013 09:56 PM

Hey Rich,

Sorry about that. Please read this post: http://members.endurancenation.us/Forums/tabid/57/aft/11483/Default.aspx