Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Transition Between Training Plans

Hi, Coach.  I have my first race of the season on 4/26 - St. A's Olympic.  I have been on the short course plan, but after St. A's will be transitioning to the Get Faster, then the IM plan.  My summary of my Season Road Map is below, for your reference.

Question 1:  During the Get Faster plan, are there any bricks.  I think I know your philosophy better now, and that tells me to assume there are no bricks in the Get Faster plan, but I want to check.

Question 2:  I load up the IM plan on 6/17, and that goes all the way to IMWI on 09/08/13.  3 weeks into that plan, I have 70.3 Muncie.  If I am on the "standard" IM training plan from 06/17 to 09/08, this would mean I have no taper heading into, and no recovery coming out of, Municie.  Is this appropriate/safe?

SUMMARY OF SEASON ROAD MAP IS BELOW (I was unable to paste it - if you want to see it, you emailed it to me 01/22/13 @ 3:25pm CST).

01/21/13 - 04/28/13:  20 week Intermediate Short Course plan (then St. A's on 04/28, then 1 week of unstructured training)

05/08/13 - 06/17/13:  Get Faster plan

06/07/13 - 09/08/13:  IM plan

07/08/13:  MUNCIE (3 weeks into IM plan)

09/08/13:  IMWI

Comments

• Options
    Joe:
    1. Yes, no bricks scheduled, but you can easily roll your own.
    2. Yes, no taper or post-race recovery will be scheduled into the plan. However, see the "Self-Coaching Guide" in the wiki. We created this tool to help you modify our plans to fit mid-season A, B, and C races in route to your AAA+ event.