Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

IM Wk 6 - Adjusted - Progress on Lower Back - What next?

Hi Patrick,

First, your grace under pressure in the aftermath of Boston is to be commended. You worked hard to ensure that you knew everyone you knew that was involved in the event was ok, and that is huge in my book. Congratulations on your race day as well.

I'm in Week 6 of the Intermediate IM Plan leading up to IMLP, which you helped me adjust to account for the recurrance of my lower back issue. I'm feeling a whole lot better. Bike and swim are pretty much "as writ" in the plans, and so far so good.

I have progressed so that during my long run session, I'm at about 18-20% bike, and 80-82% running. I'm feeling really good on the run portion, so have been whittling it down. How much longer should I keep those runs adjusted? Did this week's long run last night, 20 mins spin/90 mins run.

I've been doing my interval runs in the pool, as prescribed, and know that there will be a slower road back to doing those on pavement - should I be transitioning?

Comments

• Options

@Nicole, thank you for your feedback!! It was scary times....still is here today...  I say that you want to get to 100% long run first...after that we can start worrying about intensity on the run (a bonus, as compared to endurance).