Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

pneumonia

I just had to take 10 full days off. No workouts and no work, due to pneumonia. Today I walk/jogged slowly and felt OK, my legs are sore! I am starting week 19 tomorrow for Wildflower 1/2. What should I do? I feel like I need some distance in and my lungs will probably do better with longer slower stuff than short fast stuff. Also, it is a sat race, not sunday, so what  do I do different race week? Assuming I can race.

Comments

• Options
    LEAH! You can't be sick...look at that awesome profile pic where you are warm and happy, etc. image Okay you are right, it's about getting back up to speed here. If all goes well we'll have you able to ride 2 hours this weekend and run an hour. Intensity is out, but consistency is in. Swimming will be the worst, so put that off, look to do the following:

Monday bike easy, up to 60'.
    Tuesday Run / Walk easy, up to 45'.
    Wed bike easy, up to 60'.
    Thursday Swim easy
    Friday OFF
    Sat = 2 hour ride, short run off the bike.
    Sunday = Hour run.

Let's check in after that to see about next week...
  • Options

thanks, will do. 

• Options
    Hey R and P, I did what you said this week, plus got one more swim in. Felt good on the bike today. When it "feels easy to go hard" is usually when I feel strong and rested, and that was how it was today. I still have a little junk in my lungs, but not bad. Should I just do the regular week 20 plan next week?
  • Options
    @Leah, yes to the regular week but keep mastering the recovery until you feel 100%!!!