Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

First week IM plan ?'s...

First off...disregard my question that i placed in the wrong area.
So i have gone from OS plan to INT IM plan week 3. The swimming has begun, but do i need to do some sort of "test" like with biking and running? Did I miss that in week 1? Or is it coming up again and just be patient.?! Also...I have been building my long rides (not on trainer)on w/e's for a couple of centuries coming up (may 4th and June 1st--hope this is ok). I noticed this w/e I would be riding both Sat and Sun. At what point (miles ridden)would I NOT ride on Sun? Like if I ride 60 on Sat, would I still ride on Sun?

Comments

• Options
    @Vicki, you can swim test ANYTIME...it's 10 x 100 on 10" of rest...then find the average time and that's your T-pace. You can do it after a 300-500 warm up then do the rest of your workout!

Prep for centuries is okay, as long as you promise to ride them super steady and fuel like a champion (good race practice). That said, inside EN we have you ride Sat + Sun of EVERY WEEKEND! If you need a break we can work it in, but we like to maximize your weekend ride time (this is also why your long run is on Thursday).
  • Options

Ok....(sorry to beat a dead horse) ...so to get this clear....even if i choose to ride longer than what is proposed on Sat....STILL ride that amount u call for on Sunday.?? You are having us break up a long ride into two days so-to-speak?...with Sat being the longer of the two?

• Options
    @Vicki, sorry I thought the intent of your initial question was "If I ride 0 do I have to ride so long on Sunday too" -- the answer is yes. If you ride 100 on a century day, though, the answer is no. So do the math on the combined time for both days...say Sat is 3.5 and Sun is 2.5....but you bike 6 hours on Sat you don't "have to" bike more on Sunday, that's a gravy day. You can:

* Rest
    * Short run only
    * Maybe a bonus swim session.
    * Ride an hour or so, I guess, if you are looking to boost your bike volume!
  • Options

Is it a disadvantage to combine all bike hours on Sat? Or should I break it up over the 2 days? I'm trying to maximize time at home and would rather do the bike all on one day. Thx...

• Options
    @Vicki.....got it. If you take sunday off, then doubling down with a max of 4.5 to 5 hours would work. I personally would keep the long ride as scheduled, and then do a 60' ABP ride on the trainer on Sunday AM so I had the quality long stuff....and then the quality of the ABP but on your own terms so you have the day. If you'd rather talk this out then schedule me and we'll get this settled mano-a-mano: http://meetme.so/patrickmccrann (Please remember to include your phone number.)