Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Advanced Jan OS to Week 7 of IM plan

Hi Rich and Patrick,

I finished the Advanced Jan OS, did one week transition and I am on the first week (which starts in Week 7) of my IM plan.  The week 7 video posted by Patrick talks about it being the Big Bike Week with a 50 and 2 - 100 mile bike, however, it does not indicate that in my for my plan.....just a bit confused, am I missing something?  

thanks,

frank

Comments

• Options
    The videos are old (about '11, I think) and it's possible that we've changed the plans but not the videos associated with that week. Or, rather, back in the day we made the mistake of referencing the specifics of the training week in the videos, then we'd change the details of the training week during our rewrites of the plans = the videos weren't 100% sync'd with the workouts assigned to that week.

Bottomline: approach the videos as learning opportunities and follow the plans as written.
  • Options
    Thanks Rich. Another question regarding Volume. I did the JAN OS which was short/intense training and now I have really increased the Volume by starting in Week 7, especially with the swimming and biking. How do I proceed? Do I just do the plans as written or should I modify some of the workouts. Even though I did not swim in a very, super, long time, I felt fine, but do you think going from nothing to 3x per week is asking for trouble? Same with biking, going from 1 1/2 to 2 hours long to this weekend on Sat - 4 hours and Sun 2 1/2 hours. Just looking for some direction.

thanks
    frank
  • Options

Here you go, lots of thoughts here.

• Options
    Rich, there was nothing listed.