Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Inserting a bike bike week next week for Tremblant 70.3

Hi coaches,

I have a great opportunity. My wife and I are planning to spend next week in Tremblant for a vacation and some training for me. I'd like to make this a "big bike week" and do some running as well on the course for my Tremblant 70.3 race on June 23rd. I'm currently in week 12 of the Intermediate HIM Plan. Next week (the week in question) will be week 13.

Also to consider is I'm coming off a back injury that took me out of racing for a while. I've been back at training now for about 6-7 weeks or so building my bike and run back up.

Do you have any specific guidance on how to tailor my plan for such an opportunity? I'm specifically looking for guidance on how much running versus biking I should be focused on, how long to ride for each day, etc. In other words, considering I'm arriving there on Sunday at 2pm or so, and leaving on Friday at 11am or so, what would a plan for that week look like?

Thanks!

Mike.

Comments

• Options
    I should also note in case it is relevant that I have a 3 hour bike ride planned for the Saturday before we leave (with the Ross family and other Ottawa Sleeper Cell folks).

Mike.
  • Options
    Mike...this is great!!!! I am wondering if we should get you a GO PRO camera to record the course as you ride it (if you are planning on riding the course....let me know here: support@endurancenation.zendesk.com I say that Sunday is a short run (before you leave or when you get there).
    * Monday is a 30' early run (easy), then a 3-hour ride.
    * Tuesday is a long ride of 4 hours only.
    * Wednesday is an easy 60' spin followed immediately by a 60' run.
    * Thursday is a long ride of 4 hours only.
    * Friday off and travel.
    * Saturday is the tempo / interval run.
    * Sunday off....

Next week is back at it with a focus on the swim.

As for the actual bike workouts we just want to keep them steady and consistent. 70% FTP is great...steady all day long!
  • Options
    Great! Thanks Patrick.

I think there is not enough time to get setup with a GoPro for this trip. However the Ottawa Sleeper Cell is planning on decending on Mont Tremblant for a training weekend in about 3 weeks (May 20th weekend). I think we can probably get some video organized for that trip.

Mike.