Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Missed my last long run

Racing IRONMAN TX on May 18th. I was traveling for work all this past week. I only got an hour run and hour trainer ride in during the week and then hit my Saturday and Sunday workouts this weekend. I missed my last long run on Thursday and really need another one as I feel I haven't ran as much or been as strong on my runs as I need to be. I was actually planning on pushing last Thursdays to 3 hours (in Z1) just to get 19-20 miles under my belt. The workout was originally set for 150 minutes. So question, I have my last race prep ride this coming Saturday, is there anyway I can hit a long run during this week and not risk messing that up? Should I just lengthen my Thursday run this week, even though I'm just 3 weeks out?

Not sure if that made sense.

Comments

• Options
    So I think I'm just going to flip my Tuesday run with Thursday and add some time to it. Making my longest run before May 18th IM TX tomorrow morning and then just doing my speed work on Thursday of this week. I'm probably going to push to 3 hours just to get 18-20 miler under my belt.
  • Options
    @Brad, I like the flip solution but be very very careful with Wed after such a long run...you have to 100% focused on recovery!!!
  • Options

Thanks. Yeah I ran 20 miles this morning, I think it was more of a mental milestone than anything. I'll do the interval run work Thursday AM and I'll move my Wednesday trainer ride to Thursday PM as well so my legs get a full day of rest. Tomorrow I'll just be swimming, morning swim class which is all drills and technique and then I'll do a longer/slow swim Wednesday night. Friday will be a AM Run and PM Swim and then Saturday is my final 112 mile race prep with brick run....not the ideal final training week, but I think it works? Ready for the race already. 

• Options
    @Brad, I know the feeling...like you just want someone to yell "GO!" right now... image