Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

HIM Advanced Week 15 Questions

Coach P,

Last week I was having some foot issues... feeling a little bit like PF starting to creep in, so we modified my plan to exclude my Thurs long run and substitute a Z2 ride.  I laid off the foot all week, but now I have a foot issue of a different sort.  Long story short, I was doing yardwork and the hitch bar of the trailer for our lawn tractor crashed down on my pinky toe.  Similar to the pain and swelling you get when a horse steps on your foot. :)  

My week looks like:

Mon: 3x12' TP run, plus swim

Tues: swim

Wed: VO2 bike + brick run

Thurs: long run

Fri: uphill run + swim

Sat: was supposed to be normal 180min long ride plus 30 min run BUT, I was planning to do my RR workout that I missed yesterday due to conflict.

Sun: was supposed to be 120min ABP ride, but was going to either do 60 min Z2 trainer spin or take day off since was planning for the RR on Sat.

I am pretty sure it is not smart to push my poor pinky toe on the TP run tomorrow, so I am just planning to skip that and just do my swim unless you have other guidance.  The big question is about my Thurs long run - I am not sure I will be good for 120 minutes on Thurs.  So if I'm not, what do you recommend?  I think by Saturday I should be ok to RR ride and do the following run, but Thurs could be questionable since it's a long run.  If the foot isn't ok by Sat, I could just do the RR bike and skip the run afterwards?

I'm freaking out a little bit since I'm 5 weeks out and want to have my best race ever but don't want this to be the start of being plagued by injuries moving forward.  Appreciate your advice!

Thanks!  Kortney

Comments

• Options
    Kortney....that foot is out to get you!!!!!!! image Maybe she just wants some new shoes and all of this is some crazy cry for attention. image

Anywho, I think that you should do Wed ride tomorrow, no run, swim Wed, a 60-75' ABP ride on Thurs, fri swim, Sat long ride...and then sunday a moderately long run...say between 60-75 minutes to make sure you are back on track!
  • Options
    Sounds good. Will do!

Thanks!