Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Swim Workouts

Hi guys,

I am hoping this is in the correct section of the site.  If not I'm sorry.  I cheated and looked ahead to next week when I start my proper training program.  I am supposed to load Short Course Beginner plan ending on 7/21/2013.  I am a very poor swimmer and the swim workouts are more distance than I can do at this point.  I am taking private lessons and swimming 4 times per week to catch up at the moment, but in a pool with no wetsuit at best I can swim 200 meters without taking a break and that is on a good day.  My teacher did underwater video of me over the weekend and is looking over that.  I have gone through the swim ebook multiple times as well.  My first tri is in two weeks and is only a 300 meter wetsuit swim which I can do even though it may require a little break in the middle.  I was wondering if you had any swim workouts with lower yardages to get started or if you could suggest something?  The run and bike workouts look great but the swims are just beyond my skill level at the moment.  Thanks for your help.

Brandon

Comments

• Options
    @Brandon, thanks for posting, and no worries! I think that you should follow your swim instructor's guidance right now...technique is most important. Tell him/her you have until 6/1 to really get your technique locked in before you need to start doing more yards. That said, you can break down ANY SWIM WORKOUT (not just EN's) into 100s or 50s -- we prefer quality swimming vs just swimming for time. If you can, consider uploading the video so we can see it...I am sure the Team would love to help out if that would help you!
  • Options
    Thanks a lot Patrick. That is helpful. I will let her know. I haven't seen the video yet. Only a few still picks. I will post it when I get it.
  • Options
    Sounds good!