Home OutSeason (December '09)

Week 12 - and Olympics madness

Hey Everyone!

The crushing of souls is progressing nicely!   I've been feeding off the energy of the Olympics craziness here in Vancouver and it's just awesome.

After the last couple weeks of 30/30's (exactly as prescribed and no altering) - my weekend computrainer race series results have steadily improved - quite significantly in the last stage (up over 20 watts compared to last week for this particular stage which was about 56 minutes). 

Had a tough run on Sunday compared to the last couple weekends when running with my group.  We (they) decided to go and run some crazy hilly terrain and it beat me up pretty bad so we'll chalk that one up to mental training.

Anyway, keep the drive alive!

Tav.

Comments

• Nice to hear the VO2  workouts are producing some very nice results with your race series, Keep crushing it !!

Must be pretty cool having the Olympics right in your back yard, I've certainly enjoyed watching them so far.

• Absolutely Bob! Still have 8 more stages so we'll see how everything hashes out by the end!

It is indeed very cool here in Vancouver - my office is right in the heart of the action (as was my apartment but I just moved away from ground zero) so it's just awesome seeing/hearing/feeling the energy in the air. Truly an amazing experience!

Hope training is going well with you!!
  • Travis, I know exactly how you feel. My wife and I are 40 minutes from Park City and 80 miles from Salt Lake (home of the 2002 winter olympics). The "magic" was awesome. Whats even more cool, is when everyone is gone you can go to the venues and use the stuff. We (besides the obvious skiing) have been to the ice oval and been to the bobsled/luge/skeleton track several times to watch and even rode the track once in during a summer bobsled event. Absolutely amazing! have some fun!