Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Joe - SC Adv Plan Week #10 Ques for 11-12 May

RnP – I am in week #9 of the Adv SC Plan. I am not injured and have been improving fairly well these past few weeks. I have a “B” Race on 19 May, which is end of week #11.  Here is the question: on the weekend of week #10 (Test Week), I have a wedding that will prevent me from training the end of that week on Saturday and Sunday. The scheduled workouts are:

Sat (11 May): Bike - WU: 15' to 20' @ 60-65%/Zone1/Easy. MS1: 2 x 20' (4') @ 95-100%/zone4/Hard. Remainder of time at 80-85%/zone3/Mod-Hard; Run - MS: Run 35” as HMP/Z3/Mod-Hard out, MRP/Z2/Steady back

Sun (12 May): Run - MS: 1 mile @ TP/Z4/Hard with 4' recovery in EP/Z1/Easy. Then 3 x 800 all @ IP/Z5/Very Hard with full recoveries between each. Remainder as you feel, include 5 x 20" Strides.

I am thinking, since week #10 is test week and it typically smokes me pretty hard:

The Friday before – after the swim workout, do the Saturday run before I leave. Then, just relax Sat and Sun and come back rested and keep the body composition under control.

Sunday - if I can get the Saturday bike workout in if I get back in time and it doesn’t burn too many SAUs, go for it.

Monday – on to week #11

Thoughts?

Joe

Comments