Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Satish's what to do instead of RR thread

Hi coaches, due to probable bad weather and Mother's day, I may have to postpone the Saturday RR from week 14 Int HIM plan.  What should I do instead?  Standard Saturday workout (short run then 2-3hrs on the trainer with FTP and ABP intervals)? 

Comments

• Options
    @Satish, look ahead to next week and steal those workouts; hopefully you can just swap them out eventually!
  • Options
    Thanks Patrick!

As a follow up, next week ( week 15 ) I have Friday off work and the following week ( week 16 ) I am off as well.

I had been planning some sort of big tri week for week 16 but I have no idea how to set this up. Not sure if i am ready for a full big week but i could probably handle 1 or 2 big days or an epic day. If I miss this saurday's RR, is there some way I could make it up next Friday when i am off or during the following week?

As a final wrinkle there is a half marathon race a week from Sunday ( end of week 15) that I was thinking of doing, but not as a race, I would just do the week 15 Thursday long run on that day, during the race.

Any help planning out weeks 15 and 16 taking these into account would be appreciated!
  • Options
    Not a problem to do a 4th ride for the week on those Fridays. If it were me, I'd do about 2-2.5hrs at a pace that I didn't feel would impact my rides on Saturday and Sunday (these are more important)

Half marathon would be good, but go ahead and race it. Will be good training, but you will need to adjust Mon, Tue, maybe Wed of the next week. Not a big deal though.
  • Options

Thanks Rich!

So to sum up:

Since I will not be able to do RR1 this Saturday (week 14), I will do the week 15 Saturday and Sunday bike workouts this weekend

Then for week 15:  I will do the RR1 swim thursday night, RR1 bike and run Friday

day off or easy 20-30' run Saturday, Race (or Thursday's original long run) Sunday

Then for week 16:  day off (or swim) Monday -Tuesday (week 16) ,  then begin modified big tri week Tuesday- Wednesday?

• Options
    @Satish, yes, but I would take Saturday OFF!!!
  • Options

Thank you.