Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

IM Texas week 19 question

A quick question regarding week 19 of advanced IM plan.  http://members.endurancenation.us/Resources/Wiki/tabid/91/Default.aspx?topic=The+Ironman+Taper+Tweak says "Bike workouts should number 3 to 4 in a week. One race-paced ride as part of a brick (2-2.5 hours), one endurance ride (2-3 hours), one strength ride (think 10 x 45 seconds in big gear with 45-second recoveries in the middle of an easier ride). Any other ride should be easy, and most of your riding (even the aforementioned ones) should be at IM goal pace. Which is long training ride pace. Which is an easy pace, not some Jan Ullrich-like time trial effort!!!!!"  However, the plan for this week only has 2 biking days (60 minutes today and 2.5 hours saturday).  Thus, what is your recommendation on biking for this week?  Additionally, in the run section of that article it says a 90 minute run as the longest run, but in the training plan it has 80 minutes.  I know ten minutes isn't a big deal, but just looking to clarify, thanks.

Comments

• Options
    @Chris, ah, conflicting aged advice....a 2010 note with a 2013 plan. *sigh*....I personally prefer NOT to take off Sunday to just keep things rolling, but that depends on your overall fatigue level. Remember EVERY SINGLE DECISION YOU MAKE AT THIS POINT IS FRAMED AROUND WHAT IT TAKES TO BE 100% ON RACE DAY. Some years I have take 2 weeks off...other years have trained right into race day...only you know what's 100% right for you.....what do you think?
  • Options
    that's a tough one, I'm not sure. I feel good, still have a little bit of a tired feel in the legs but not too bad given there's still 11 days until the race. Maybe I'll see how I feel after Saturday, but that's a tough call.
  • Options
    For me, rest is always best. Your brain doesn't always know what your body needs...or as Coach Rich says, It's easy to be hard, but it's hard to be smart. image