Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Should I/How do I taper for Olympic A race in week 15 of HIM plan?

Hi Coaches,

I'm currently in week 14 of the HIM beginner plan and have several challenges in getting the work completed this week.  I have some proposed solutions, but as I know just enough about this training plan stuff to be dangerous, I thought I'd run it by you guys!

Challenge 1: I'm out of town the rest of this week through Sat afternoon (ie: no cycling) but have been running and swimming.  As Sunday is Mother's Day (and I just left my wife with the 4 kids all week) that's probably not a good day to accomplish the race rehearsal bike ride and brick I see for Sunday.

Solution: Saturday: try to accomplish this Wednesday's (today's) ride and an OWS, Sunday I'd rest, and Monday (I have off) complete the race rehearsal bike ride and brick

Challenge 2: If I do that monster workout on Monday, what do I do Tues-Sat next week to taper for my race, but not compromise my HIM training?

Thanks!

Mike

Comments

• Options
    The timing of the first RR isn't very important. The timing of the 2nd RR is much more important. So I recommend you just roll the first RR to a weekend that makes more sense for you.

As for inserting a race into your training plan, see the "Self-Coaching Guide" in the Self-Coaching section of the wiki. It lays out many different scenarios.