Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman CDA
Options

Week 14- Anyone tired yet?

In the thick of week 14.    Anyone else a bit tired?  I'm just fried.  I think I need to start taking naps.  If only my kids would agree on the weekend.

Finished the long run today 2:15-20 today 15.3 miles.  I had a friend run with me again.   I usually keep up with him and we are fairly equal.  Today he just drug me along.  we did have a bunch of 8:30's  on mile 10-13 though, so that was good.  Kept me from giving up.

Hope everyone else's training is going well!

Comments

• Options

I raced St. George last weekend, so this week has been pretty light for me, but i feel pretty good at this point so i think that excuse has run its course.  I can say i am asleep the second my head hits the pillow and i am sleeping extremely deep.  There is no waking up in the middle of the night and no tossing and turning.  I will need to move tomorrow's swim to the weekend, but i will get the run in.  I'm hoping for good weather this weekend for both bike workouts.  Not looking forward to the possibility of 3-4hrs on the trainer.

• Options
    Hi all -- first time checking in on the CDA threads, but I've been stalking them from the beginning...

i'm almost thru a bit of a rough patch due to illness (bronchitis), leading to injury (calf strain in both calves brought on by taking the antibiotic Levaquin -- AVOID THIS ONE AT ALL COSTS) and a minor spill on my bike resulting in a strained wrist.

anyhow, this week is my first full week of workouts in awhile and I'm stoked to be able to add back some intensity on my runs (have not been able to hit my target Z4 and Z2 paces, but i think that will come back shortly)

today's run was rough, as I had a short night of sleep and ran in the rain most of the time. made it 2h10min / 15.8 miles and was able to increase my pace beyond Z1 for the Z2 intervals. ran up the west side highway of Manhattan, so got some great views of the river and the newly added spire of the Freedom Tower

looking forward to getting back in the pool tomorrow and Sunday's day off (nice of RnP to schedule that for Mother's Day), but not looking forward to rain forecasts on Saturday...

i'm going to try and post my wkos regularly, as that really helped my mojo during the OS and I've missed that element since finishing the NOS earlier this year

looking forward to meeting everyone in CDA!
  • Options

I am also starting to post on this today....

I have been keeping up with training but  not in a very structured way...as I was travelling in Asia for the last month.

But now, back in Ohio and sticking to the plan

Will try to post workouts along with everyone else. See you all in Idaho!

Gonzalo