Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

a little behind on IMCDA should i throw in a big bike week

Coaches,

I just completed IMSt george 70.3 and while my bike time was slow do to being undertrained (long lazy story) my execution on steady riding was the best it has ever been even though the course was extreemly hilly but now i am a little leary about CDA next month and was wondering if it is ok to throw in some extra bike rides this weekend after my first RR  as i am off for the next 3 days afterwards and 3 days before i am starting week 15 of 20 ..also a suplemental question  i have a little issue with really cold water swims as its just to freaking cold to get into a good rythem for quite some time...i have read that there are pills(vitamins ) to help with this my last years swim in CDA was a dismal 1hr and 39minutes  and i know i can do 115/120 as i have done it before in st george...Help

thanks James

Comments

• Options

If you have the time, then fine to add a 4th bike ride per week, though I'd prefer you add maybe an hour to each of the Saturday and Sunday rides. Cramming that 4th ride into an IM schedule can be tough to pull off, this late in the game, when all of your volume is on the rise as well as cummulative fatigue.

Sorry, I don't know anything about pills (?) to help you deal with cold water?