Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Texas

Week of IMTX weather freak out thread

High temp now forecasted to be close to 90.  Doesn't look like it will rain that day.  10 mph S wind.  That means a nice tailwind the first 40 miles but that means you'll be riding into it the last 45 miles.

I think the water temp was 73 today.  Odds are the lake will warm up over 76.1 by Saturday but it will certainly be wetsuit optional.  My guess is 78.

Comments

• So I will go from cold on the swim (only swimskin) to boiling on the run.               pool is 80s.     77 is cold for me.

my cooling plan for the run:  hat with ice.    shorts with ice.    cooling Desoto upper extremity wings.      water dousing.     rubber gloves with ice (at least one hand).     and maybe the cooling scarf.       

• My perspective...my biggest concern is that I simply have not had alot of time outside in warm conditions this year during race prep...so will need to adjust on race day....but...I think it will be better than Louisville was last year.....and I am better prepared...so key thing for me is staying hydrated and executing patience/discipline on the bike...my MANTRA...MUST PEE TWICE ON THE BIKE!

• Classic just classic.... Ya gotta laugh.... Just looked at the 10 day forecast and yep next Sat is the hottest out of the 10 days.... Todays 50 minute run in 82 degree's , 30% humidity , I ran extra hard and still couldn't even break a sweat.... Oh well... It is what it is!!!

• I don't worry about things I can't control. Looking forward to race day and popping my IM cherrie
  • Just to offer perspective: I raced the last IMAZ they did in the Spring. April 2008. 113 degrees in the desert and 30MPH sustained winds. Third highest attrition rate in IM history.. 18% DNF.

This sounds really "look at me" but more of just of "eh, it is what it is". We've all worked hard...it'll pay off Saturday!
  • Weatherbug has Saturday being hot and humid with possible thunderstorms in the am
  • Just poking my nose in here to wish you all good luck this weekend! I track ENers at every IM, but I'll be paying extra attention to IMTX since Sarah Gardner will be there. So have a great race, and just remember the 4 Keys. You'll all do great!
  • If they have thunderstorms in the am maybe the will cancel the swim! Just hoping image
  • They absolutely , positively , better not cancel that swim! I did REV3 Venice Fl with a cancelled swim.... its just not the same!....
  • That is the standard Southeast Texas forecast.  From now till October, the weathermen take off and just put up: Hot, Humid, chance of T-Storms.

• We have been lucky in that the humidity hasn't been that bad. That's going to change starting today and tomorrow. Current forecasts for Saturday look like 88-90 degrees, mostly sunny, humid (heat index of 95), S/SSE winds 10-15mph.