Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Missing training days - what to do?

Hello - I am new to EN so sorry if a basic question however want to make sure I get the training right.

I will be doing some travelling in the coming weeks and will not be able to train on those days.

Do I just skip the days and move onto the next week's plan, or should I try to fit them into another day?

Appreciate help.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options

We generally recommend that you skip the workouts and move on, ie, don't try to make up missed workouts. That said, would be great if you could maintain your running frequency during your trip. That is, just get in 3-5x runs per week of an volume and intensity that you can. When in doubt, just run, as little as 20-30' is fine. 

• Options

Thanks Rich - Appreciate the reply.  Running will be an option for part of the time so will certainly keep my running shoes on me.  Bike tends to be difficult/impossible.....and swimming is hit or miss.

First travel event this week is IM Texas....supporting my husband however who is the one competing.  Am expecting more support time then free time to workout on my end.  At any rate...will be big motivation to keep me going for IM Madison later in the season.  ;-)

Dawn