Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

IMLP 2012 Statistics

Hello All,

I am a numbers person.  image I like to see averages and information about races so that i can understand where folks fit in.  This was awesome to look at if you are a numbers person like me. This gives you averages for IMLP based on age and Gender.  Also based on bike, swim, and run splits. 

http://www.runtri.com/2012/07/ironman-lake-placid-2012-results.htm

Comments

• Options

I too like numbers and definitely an interesting read.  I know Steve West had a spreadsheet in EN people on the LP course, I'll have to go find the link. 

Just remember that it could be really windy, cold/hot, bike mechanical who knows what else on race day.  Hopefully it will be 78 and partially cloudy with little wind and smooth sailing out on the course.  Typically there will be a few things to adjust for and its how we handle these issues that defines our day.  

Having said that now I really have to focus on that body comp so that I can beat the 13:19 M40-44 2012 average time.  In the end we still have too many weeks to be thinking about course times.  I know with my spreadsheet and estimates my wife tells me I come pretty close most of the time.  I'll put something out there after the second RR that is time based. I just need to be smart enough not to chase unattainable goals based factors I can't control.

Gordon