Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

Lodging: Camp and IM week

Just a heads up.  I made my reservation for the camp weekend at the Marriott Courtyard and there are only a few double rooms left at the EN rate $129/night (actually better than most other rates in town that weekend).  

Also I called about the new Hampton Inn & Suites opening in town.  The hotel will be open at the end of June, and if you want to make a reservation you ned to call the General Manager, Richard, at 518-354-2886.  His v-mail was full so I didn't talk to him and don't know if they have availability IM week or not, but wanted to share.

Comments

• Options

Thanks for the heads up on the Hampton Inn.  Crossing my fingers it works out.  Sleeping in my car the night before doesn't seem like a good idea.  

• Options
    Does anyone have any recommendations on a nearby house (preferably on one of the lakes) to rent for 15 people for the weekend of? Apparently I'm going to have a large cheering section. I've seen a few options on the other side of lake placid (as opposed to mirror lake area), but if anyone knows of a particular place this late in the game I'd be all ears.
  • Options
    Thanks Steve, got a few options off of that site
  • Options
    Got a call from the GM at the new Hampton Inn and Suites.  Their system will be accepting reservations online tonight and he indicated they were not sold out for IM week in case anyone is still in search of a place to stay.  I saw it at the camp last weekend and the location is perfect.
  • Options

Anyone else staying at the Courtyard Marriot for the race?   I assume I won't be the only EN'er there.  Just curious.

• Options
    Carole and I will be 2 doors down in a condo behind the flower shop and hostile.
  • Options
    Good to know ill have a neighbor. How do plan to get to the lake race morning? Walk?
  • Options
    Last time I walked but may ask Carole to drive me to as near the Oval as possible this year. Still up in the air about that but you'd be welcome to jump in if I do. I'll let you know race week.

It's just about a mile to the Oval and I found the walk calming but I should have left earlier as it was already getting zooie at 5:45 or so when I got there.