Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Rhode Island - Bike Routes with Vert

@patrick - i'm looking for some better bike routes with solid vertical this week.  It is difficult for me to travel to the white mtns, maine (my home) or quabbin etc due to impending birth of first child (!)...do you have any recommended spots in RI? Currently i hit up the scituate resevoir...but even that is somewhat tame.  

any suggestions are welcome -thx!  If i should post this elswewhere - please suggest!

Comments

• Options
    @Tyler, not a lot!!! image Here's my latest hilly ride out there: http://app.strava.com/activities/54684734

Definitely some sections you could repeat or double down on if you wanted. I would go to mapmyride and search away!
  • Options

The ride out to Newport is pretty nice...I wouldn't call it vert but from Bristol...up to the bridge ...over the bridge...and then stay on east main rd. out to middletown...some nice up & downs....then into newport...flat....around ocean drive...flat....but then follow west main up and over to first beach....up and over to second beach...then either back long west main or repeat east main.....pretty good for RI East Bay...

• Options
    Not bad @patrick - i do a lot of rides up and down rt 7 then up and down 102 over to scituate reservoir - seems to be decent terrain. This weekend I think i'll push on rt. 7 up past douglas st park. Thanks for the link to strava! I'll have to get on strava...nice graphs

@joseph - east bay is pretty flat! I used to live in bristol and newport and although newport has some nice rollers - better for running! The views though...those are nice!
  • Options
    @tyler, we'll have to meet up one weekend....maybe in July????
  • Options
    I live in northern RI on the border of Mass and have done this ride a few times in prep for Quassy - some nice rolling hills on the way up to Sutton
  • Options
    Joseph, Tom and Tyler...are we nearing critical mass here???? July ride anyone???