Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Int IM Plan - Wk 11 - HALF MARATHON - MOVE BIG DAY?

Hi Coach P,

So, this season I was slated to run a half marathon on Mother's Day, but due to the recurrence of my disc issue, I bagged it, and embarked, as you know, on almost the full 20 week program leading to IMLP. But, after watching what happened in Boston, and seeing the community come together around it, I felt compelled to participate in the half marathon at the Race Weekend here in Ottawa. The race is next Sunday.... which leads me to my question.

How should I structure my week leading up to Sunday? I intend for the Half to replace my Thursday long run - and will be approaching it very much from a training run perspective - I haven't been training to peak for this event and don't have intentions to taper (per se). I still want to do my second Big Day - but am looking for direction about where to put it. A Mid-week Big Day is not possible unfortunately.

So.... how should I approach this week (Wk 11) and get everything I need to out of next week (week 12), i.e., not forgo work.

Back injury update - feeling good running, have been able to build strength and speed. Overall, things are progressing really well.

Look forward to your insights as always.

Nicole.

Comments

• Options
    Nic, safety first, always...I would drop the thursday long run, replace with an ABP ride in the AM (trainer?) of no more than 60' of "work". Friday / Saturday as planned, just no run on Sat. Sunday is long run. Monday is off...tuesday is swim only, Wed is back at it! Please be sure to warm up well and pace like a rockstar....