Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Fenlon Macro forum

Rich

I need some help with my race plan for rev3 quassy.  This is my 1st year training w EN for a him.  I have been doing the advanced plan and have gotten a lot faster through the outseason and in season training so far/.  My last power test put me at 295w ft and my run test put me at 53 vdot.  I am very confident I can go sub 5:15 for the him but need some guidance regarding pacing/nutrition

I am a little concerned with weather as the majority of my training has been in cool weather and it is just starting to heat up get humid here and looks to be mid 80's on race day.  I went 2:40 for my last race rehearsal 56 mi and felt great running 6mi off the bike.  how should I adjust the bike pacing for the warm weather?

I use infinit on the bike and am planning to use Gatorade or whatever is on the course early on the  run and then go to coke.  will also use salt pills but don't want to over do it. 

I am using all the pacing tools but don't really understand the TSS table and what % of ftp I should really use...let me know what you think or if you need more info.

I am racing IM mt tremblant and will have questions right after this him I am planning to jump right into the advanced im plan and immediately increase my volume with a big bike weekend