Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

IMLouisville 2013 Intro's

Hello all!  Now that we have our own group, its time to start building the Mojo!  A great place to start is intros.

Roy here.  I'll be 41 on race day.  Louisville will be my 5th iron distance race, 2nd Louisville, and 4th race as a member of EN.  I'm married with three awesome kids.  My wife is a super-supportive spouse who works full time as a nurse and is also in graduate school.  As a result of that, scheduling workouts can be challenging at times.  I live in Woodbridge, Virginia, just south of Washington, D.C.  My wife grew up in Louisville and the in-laws still live there, so I feel like its almost a home town race for me.

As I have yet to crack the code on the Ironman run, my goal going into this race is to pace smartly so that I can achieve a decent marathon.  

I'm hoping that there is some interest in weekly threads for this race and building a solid team vibe going into the Ville.  Looking forward to meeting and racing with everyone in August.

Comments

• Options
    I turn 25 six days after race day (Aug. 31). This will be my second IM and second race at Lou. It will also be my second race with EN (IMKS 70.3 in June will be the first). Nailed my race plan execution last year until a had another cyclist take me down at mile 95. I was able to get up and finish the race but left with a bad taste in my mouth. Hoping to finish in the sub-11 hour range but that is subject to change!

I live south of Kansas City and do the bulk majority of my training alone. It's nice to have people to "train" with and to meet up with at races! Looking forward to the next 3 months!
  • Options

Hello!  I am 46 and live in Tulsa, Ok. Will be attempting IM Louisville this year.  It will be my first try at 140.6. I work in Louisiana and have incredible training areas here.  Live on a lake where we have built a 12 + person open water swim group. Office site right next to the Kisatchie National Forest with miles and miles of biking and running roads. So lack of training opportunity will not work as an excuse. Another athlete in our group will be going to IML as well.  It will be a big help to have his support. I am looking forward to interaction with EN and all the wisdom and experience available to soak up...

• Options

Hi - this will be my second IM and second time at IMLOU.  I just love the venue and the course.  This is my first year racing with EN.  I've had some ups and downs so far, but my mojo is back and I'm anxious to get started on my IM plan.  Looking forward to meeting everybody down there!

Kate

• Options

Hi,

This will my first 140.6! I've spectated and volunteered at Wisconsin (2x), Louisville, and Kona so now it's my turn to be on the other side of the race. Did my first 70.3 last weekend and it really went well so I'm anxious for what the summer will bring  I live near Dayton, Ohio so only about 3 hours from Louisville. Looking forward to the camaraderie here in the forums then meeting everyone at the race!

Happy training everyone 

Stacey

• Options

Hello! I am 40... I live in LA....Lower Alabama and am already training in the million percent humidity and hot temps... As long as my skin does not melt, I think I will be ok! ha ha

I have a wonderful husband and 12 year old daughter. They are amazing and are very supportive.  IMLOU will be my 2nd IM..my first was Florida this past November. I have done 7, 70.3's. I am so blessed to have an amazing group of friends to train with and that support every mile.  Rickie Richey is also on EN and he is my main partner in this adventure! He is a friend and an amazing training companion.. I rarely have to look at our plan.. He is such a stickler about following it to the second.. I just let him tell me what we are supposed to do each day.  I am a lucky gal!

IMFL was truly one of the most amazing days of my life and it will be hard to match it..  I am so excited and very apprehensive at the same time about Louisville.. I am in, so there is no turning back. I love a challenge and cant wait to have fun and smile for 140.6 miles.

Roy, thank you for starting this. I am sorry it took me so long to reply. There was a glitch with the system when EN changed their site I did not have access to anything except my plan for the past few months. I thought that is just what the new site looked like! haha

Train hard.. and always always HAVE FUN!!

kc

war eagle

• Options
    I am not exactly fashionably late to the party but here I am. This will be IM distance #5 for me. First time at Louisville. Just finished IMLP with a PR marathon and am stoked because I finally worked out a nutrition plan that works. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
  • Options
    I am not doing IMLOU but I enjoy reading everyone's stories. Good luck to all of you.
  • Options

thank you Paul!! YOu are a machine!! Good luck to you for the rest of your season!

• Options

George.. welcome to our party!! Sounds like you are quite busy... Awesome job at IMLP! Will have to pick your brain in LV!!

• Options

Hey All,

IMLOU will be be my 4th 140.6 and my 2nd go-round with Louisville.  This is my first year with EN and training has been steady since June so I'm looking forward to a good event.  

• Options
    I am a physician in NW GA with an incredibly supportive wife and daughter. This will be my 1st 140.6. Hoping to execute well. Because of work, I won't be arriving to Lou until Friday morning...hope I'll still have an opportunity to meet all of you. Safe travels this week.