Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

Bike course elevation change?

I joined the group to learn about the course.

Says bike course 2060 ft elevation change. For the whole thing ???   I thought it was hilllyer    Two laps laps i know within the course but not two laps of the whole course.

Comments

• Options
    Robin, looking back at last year's ride, I've got differing numbers, but they are all higher than 2060ft. Strava has it at 4,322 ft., Training Peaks has it at 4950 ft. That number must be for one lap.
  • Options

I wouldn't say that IMLou is a particularly hilly course. It's fair course, nothing to crazy long or steep. If you know how to ride hills the EN Steady Way you'll be fine. 

JABR (Just Another Bike Ride )

• Options

I don't know the whole footage (wow, is that even a word??) of the bike course, but the first/last 12 miles are flat as a pancake.  The out and back has a fairly good descent/ascent, and there's one other slighty steeper, but very short climb somewhere (can't remember where anymore) but other than that, it's all rolling hills, nothing super steep. That being said, in 2011, the second loop was where people were feeling the effects of overcooking on the first loop...

• Options
    Thanks folks