Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Texas

Comments

• Thanks, great data analysis.  Can't believe a 4:28:xx run got you into the top 10% in our division, wow!

• Posted By Tom Glynn on 05 Jun 2013 12:52 AM

Thanks, great data analysis.  Can't believe a 4:28:xx run got you into the top 10% in our division, wow!

Huh?

Incredible amount of data... I specially like the placement rankings after swim, t1 , bike , t2 , run, and then further broken down in OA, Gender, Div,  and T1+2 data... neversaw that before .

My biggest take away is Transitions Matter....  I came out of the water 476th and came out of T1 in 363rd having passed 113 people in transition alone (without that data I assumed most of those people were passed on the bike) ...  T2 only passed 7 people but still shows importance of transitions!

• sorry "you" doesn't mean "Tim". A more general comment that if someone ran a 4:28 marathon in our age group they would be in the top 10% for their run time. Last year I bet that time was closer to 3:45.

Just looked at transition times for me; picked up 79 spots in T1, dropped 1 in T2 and ran down 10 people to finish 7th. Cool stuff!