Home OutSeason (December '09)

Week 13 OS

I am curious if anyone else has had this experience recently...

I did my bike workout this morning on the trainer (still haven't made it outside since the weather still is cold and wet!), but, I decided to brave the conditions on the run.  I am on the advanced program, and, my workout called for some strides and then some z2 time (45' total time, brick run).  I got out on the road and I couldn't it my z1 pace because I COULDN'T BRING MYSELF TO RUN THAT SLOWLY!!!  My z1 pace is 8:45, and my z2 pace is 7:30 and I spent the first 30 minutes at something like 7:50 and then finished at a pace of just under 7/mile.  I had a hard time running slow enough!

I don't know if that is a measure of improved fitness or simply NOT being on a damn treadmill anymore...but I am curious if anyone else has had that experience recently?

Comments

• I did my 3x1 mile at 5k pace yesterday and I am getting pumped about this next 5k test coming up next week...I have actually only been through the testing once, so, I am excited about the combination of knowing HOW to take the test more effectively this time and about how I feel regarding my fitness.  This VO2 max stuff has really 'raised the roof' on my fitness level I think.

And to think...if I wasn't a part of the Haus, I would be trying to race my abilities and fitness by running miles and miles and miles and miles and miles (you get the point) in z1 hoping to 'earn' the right to go fast some mythical day out into the future...I love EN!