Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

IMLouisville wko thread, 24-30 June

Another week closer.  Testing week is upon us (or most of us, it would seem).  Good luck everyone!

As usual, I'm going to be odd-ball Roy.  As I just 'tested' a three mile run for work and did a FTP test ~ a month ago, I'm again going to go with a 'normal' week of workouts instead of the testing week protocol.  I will hit a 1k swim set this week, hopefully tonight.

6 miles in 51 minutes in some noon-time NOVA heat/humidity today.  If this holds up, I guess I cannot claim that I'm not acclimatized for the Ville (need to work on my laundry list of other excuses).  A little over 13 minutes of steep climbing.

Good luck everyone and let us know how those workouts / recovery protocols are progressing. 

Comments

• Options
    If you swim without a Garmin, does it really count???? Left the 910 in the car and wanted to jump in a free lane quick so I rolled without it. Since I can't count past 2 when I swim, I went with lots of 100's. Ended up with 3k total.

Good luck all!
  • Options
    Got out early to hit the TP work today. 3.1 miles at Z4 for a total of 6.5 in 49 minutes. Humidity was killer today. Swim tonight!
  • Options
    1k yard swim tt in 15:19. Fastest time yet by 30 seconds. Actually tried to rest and then some more, but my body told me it was done.

So how did those FTP tests go?
  • Options
    Been out a couple days. Discovered once again the frailty of normal.  This time last week I was pounding my way towards Aug 25  Lou. As of today I will have to abandon the IML 2013.  My wife will undergo a double mastectomy/reconstruction on Aug 1 at MD Anderson and it will be impossible to keep up the training commitment through the process.  She new this was coming but had not anticipated it until 2014.  I have enjoyed the communication with everyone and will definitely be keeping up with your progress and race day accomplishments.  For now I will just plan on IM 70.3 Austin again this year and try for IM Texas or Lou 2014. Good luck everyone and Race Well...... I look forward to teaming up again in the near future.
  • Options
    Danny, so sorry to hear about your wife but IMHO there is absolutely no other choice than the one you are making. I hope that everything goes well for her and your family and don't hesitate to reach out for support! Good luck with everything.
  • Options
    Danny - sorry to hear you won't be joining us, but glad to hear you have you priorities straight.  Best wishes to you and your wife!
  • Options

Coming back on the bike. 30 minutes at 78 average power yesterday and 50 minutes at 89 watts today. Done on the trainer while watching the tour! Knee feels good. Tried a new mental training strategy today. Did 2 out-and-backs on the run going 1.5 miles out, returning home, refilling the Infinit and hitting it again for 6 total. Figure it will be good training for that turn on the IMLOU course where you DON'T get to go to the finish line. Have a great week everyone!

• Options
    Nice work, Stacey! Keep us up on the recovery.