Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

Anyone want to lend me a bike for race weekend?

My next four weekends are:

• IM Racine
  • IM Lake Placid, dropping into Atlanta to visit family, then...
  • IM WI camp
  • IM Tahoe camp.

My head is spinning with the logistics of getting to all of those places, much less with traveling with a bike affordably. 

So...does anyone have a spare 54cm road bike they wouldn't mind loaning to me for race weekend? I'm driving up with Patrick on Thurs and leaving on Monday. I would like to have the bike Fri-Sun, so we can get around on the course on Sunday. 

Lil help?

Comments

• Options
    Sorry, all I could offer would be a 58cm Cannondale Synapse.
  • Options
    Rich, I can bring my 54cm Trek 1200 up for you. It's a triple, circa 2005, 10 speed, and not used to your watts ;-)
  • Options

I have a Look 566 with KEO 2 pedals you can borrow for the weekend. Degree of difficulty: I have no way of getting the the ride up to Lake Placid that weekend. Do you know of anyone going from the Philly/NJ area up to Lake Placid that weekend?

If you need it, lemme know.

Word.

- dhj

• Options
    Rich, If you are interested in Dan's offer, it looks like I will have room to bring another bike.

Dan, I will be heading up to Lake Placid from Yardley on Wed the 24th.

Brad
  • Options
    Rich - Did you find a bike?
  • Options

@Woody, I saw your offer posted in the Dash haven't remembered to follow up. Do you have a bike I can borrow? 54cm and I can source my own pedals. 

@Dan and Brad: that would be good but I'd rather not ask someone to make 2 special trips to pick up a bike? Let's see what Woody says. 

Oh, also looking for a bungee cord to attach to P's bike or a long list of open ended questions. He'll probably be a dork and bring his tri bike. I can hand road bike vs road bike, not road bike vs tri bike. 

• Options

What, no love for the old beat up triple?  I know it's not sexy, but not even worthy of a response?

• Options

Posted By Mike Graffeo on 15 Jul 2013 04:18 PM

What, no love for the old beat up triple?  I know it's not sexy, but not even worthy of a response?

Sorry I missed that one. For several years I would fly into Albany and pick up a steel 52c from a former 1:1 coached athlete on my way to LP 

• Options
    @Rich, @Brad,

Just let me know. I'm about to head up to Michigan and be away from my computer for a few days. Back late on the 22nd. If you need the Look, just let me know before @Brad heads up to Lake Placid later that week He's in Yardley (right?) and about 15 mins from my place in Newtown. Dropping it off/picking it up shouldn't too difficult.

Word.

pssst: if you get truly pinched, for a bike for the Wisconsin Camp (per this thread), I can probably find room to stuff the Look in the car for the drive out there.

- dhj
  • Options
    I'll throw it up top when I drive up.  If you need it, just let me know.
  • Options
    Rich - I have access to a 54 cm Jamis Ventura (http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/thebikes/road/ventura/11_venturarace.html)

The bike has Shimano clipless pedals - and a handful of "upgrades" over a stock bike -

Let me know if you want me to bring it to LP -

Cheers -
  • Options
    Woody, that's sounds perfect, let's do that. Thanks!
  • Options

Posted By Dan Jacquemin on 15 Jul 2013 07:52 PM

@Rich, @Brad,

Just let me know. I'm about to head up to Michigan and be away from my computer for a few days. Back late on the 22nd. If you need the Look, just let me know before @Brad heads up to Lake Placid later that week He's in Yardley (right?) and about 15 mins from my place in Newtown. Dropping it off/picking it up shouldn't too difficult.

Word.

pssst: if you get truly pinched, for a bike for the Wisconsin Camp (per this thread), I can probably find room to stuff the Look in the car for the drive out there. Thanks for the offer. I plan to either rent a bike or borrow one from Michele, she's local. 

- dhj

• Options
    Rich - can you hit me off-line, with your e-mail address, so we can make a plan for bike drop off, please? wrfreese@bu.edu
    Thanks -
  • Options

All,

Since Patrick decided to fling himself off his bicycle and is injured, let's call this off. I'll just run instead, leaving PnI the rest of the day to crush a ton of work.