Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

Who is IN for the camp??

I have about 25 athletes registered so far, as about 18 members, I think. IMWI is the most difficult IM bike course on the IM calendar, EN knows the course inside and out, and this is a great opportunity to preview the course and learn how to ride it.

I'm very, very confident you'll get your money's worth out of the camp, these camps are a great opportunity to meet your fellow IMWI teammates, so I really hope you choose to attend! 

Please sign in here if you're IN for the camp and tell us what you hope to learn at the clinic!

Comments

• Options
    Link with deets on the dates and what not? I think Wisconsin will be may "A" race next year. If convenient, I may go up this year with y'all....
  • Options
    In!

Looking forward to meeting EN peeps and especially learning the "conservation of momentum" techniques on the bike course. Planning on this camp being the cherry on top of a BIG TRI WEEK.

• Options
    I'm in! Excited and nervous at the same time. Can't wait to meet all the EN peeps!
  • Options

Go through the crayon box and color me "there".

I'm mostly there to get a feel for the bike course. I'm very concerned about getting a good run after that bike so this will be a good opportunity to ride the actual ride and get some advice on what works best. Reading / Watching all the previews is no substitute for being on the course!

Getting a preview of the run course will be a bonus. Looking for places that will be extra challenging so I know to keep my eyes open for them on race day. When I find myself on that challenging part of the course I don't want to be surprised.

I'm hoping to get a look-see at the helix and sort of walk though the swim-t1-bike transition so it's set in my head before race day.

Lastly, just want to get a feel for the whole race area so find locations, like packet pick-up, will be uneventful.

• Options
    Registered, paid, and hotel booked! Very excited and anxious. I even got a non EN buddy to sign up.
  • Options

I think I'll be around that weekend, so I'll probably stop in and say hi, and maybe ride with you guys on Friday or Saturday.  Let me know if you need any admin help for the camp!

• Options

Posted By Michele Moreno on 14 Jul 2013 08:10 PM

I think I'll be around that weekend, so I'll probably stop in and say hi, and maybe ride with you guys on Friday or Saturday.  Let me know if you need any admin help for the camp!

Awesome! I'll let you know on the admin side. Do you or Johnny have an in on a 54c loaner? I was planning to rent a bike from Machinery Row. 

• Options
    @Rich- Ill be there also! Excited for another year-camps in the past have been a blast!!!
  • Options
    Rich -I'll be there but just got a late afternoon business meeting scheduled on Thursday 8/1.  Net, probably won't get to the Clarion hotel until 7-8 pm and will miss your talk.  Perhaps can join you guys for a beer after dinner.   But I'll be ready to ride 2 loops Friday 7 am.
  • Options
    Anyone want to share a hotel room? Let me know!
  • Options
    I am in - looking forward to getting back on the course again -  learned a lot from 2011
  • Options

Wish I could 

But the kids go back to school on the first.   I will be on the course this weekend, though, so I look forward to seeing how much I remember from 2010.

• Options
    Likewise on the admin side/kayak support if anyone wants to swim, etc.
  • Options
    Super bummed, but its a no go for me.
  • Options
    X2 on what Michele and Sue said.
  • Options
    @Sue - would love to get an OWS in on Sunday if others are interested 
  • Options
    In for the camp and looking forward to it...caravaning with a crew of 7 from KC
  • Options

Needing a place to lay my head for camp. I'm coming in with Behler however he is dumping me off curbside with no place to sleep" onmousedown="return false;" src="http://members.endurancenation.ushttp://members.endurancenation.us/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif" />.

Does anyone have an extra room or bed? House trained, not much barking or chewing......" onmousedown="return false;" src="http://members.endurancenation.ushttp://members.endurancenation.us/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue2.gif" />

• Options

I'm in.  Looking forward to it.  I've raced madison twice, ridden the course countless other times.  Main goal for the camp is to not only get in a great weekend of volume and training while meeting everyone, but to figure out how to ride efficiently and appropriately to give myself a shot to actually run the marathon and not be reduced to a blubbering hobbling fool sitting on a curb like the last time...

• Options
    In for sure, BOOM!!!!

Sue for sure in on an OWS if your still willing to provide Kayak support.

We (4 of us) will be arriving from Iowa Thursday around 10 or 11 am.(pending any one else cares to join-we are flexible) Parking in Verona(Firemans Park) and riding the loops x 2 then doing a brick run. Had the opportunity to spend a week in Madison 2 weeks ago and put a few miles of the course on the old Cervelo and looking forward to doing it again. This is a great opportunity to really learn how the course speaks volumes to you and where all the FREE speed is.

If anyone else cares to join in on the fun please do. This is my 3rd time attending and Coach Rich does an excellent job and makes the course seem just that much easier image.

Looking forward to meeting you all!!!
  • Options

I'm in! Arriving 7/31. See you there!

Looking forward to learning the bike course.  I still consider myself a newbie, so I'll be bringing my directions and meeting the course with enthusiasm...

• Options
    Happy to provide kayak support on Sunday morning - before the run.  Other days I'll be riding.  Meet at 6:00 am, in the water by 6:15?
  • Options
    I'll be up Thursday afternoon. I would be interested in the Sunday swim before the run. See you guys there!
  • Options

@Sue - I am in for the early morning swim on Sunday -- see you in Madison.

• Options

Posted By Sue Chapman on 27 Jul 2013 04:44 PM

Happy to provide kayak support on Sunday morning - before the run.  Other days I'll be riding.  Meet at 6:00 am, in the water by 6:15?

Hi Sue,

Thanks for this! I just sent you, Mary, and Michele an email. Please reply to that so we can hammer out the details. 

• Options
    Looking forward to welcoming everyone to Madison! It wouldn't be Wisconsin ... without cheese! What?? The American Cheese Society is in town for cheese judging - actually a very serious business with 1700 cheeses being judged. So? If you love cheese ...

"Cheese lovers can also attend the annual Cheese Sale on Sunday, August 4 at Monona Terrace (11 a.m.-2 p.m.). The Cheese Sale is open to the public and free to attend. Judging & Competition cheeses will be available to purchase at incredible prices, with all proceeds benefiting the nonprofit American Cheese Education Foundation."

On another note, I always recommend you bring a fuel belt for the Sunday run - it's a fair distance between easy access to water - esp. if you want to practice using aid stations every mile.
  • Options

Posted By Sue Chapman on 31 Jul 2013 07:22 AM

On another note, I always recommend you bring a fuel belt for the Sunday run - it's a fair distance between easy access to water - esp. if you want to practice using aid stations every mile.

Word. Whenever I run the course I'm surprised by the lack of easy water sources -- fountain, gas stations, etc. Or, rather, they're not there when you need them.