Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

IMMT week 7/15-7/21

Now that our first Race Rehearsal is behind us (well, most of us), time to get back to the grind!!!

I noticed in the training plan there is an "Admin" task for us to do this week: updating the Race Worksheet.  I went to the file and found all the information from last year.  So I deleted all the old info and started it over again.  Be sure to add your info to the list.

Comments

• Options
    @Nemo, where's that link?

After 102 on Saturday for RR#1 and my Sprint tri yest (ended up 5th in my AG - highest placing EVER, but still no podium), I'm contemplating a rest day today, but brought my swim stuff just in case I get a fire under my arse!
  • Options

Here is what was on my training plan:

Update your online information for the race!

Please visit the official EN Race Page, find your Race in the tabs at the bottom, and enter your information. Click here for the spreadsheet

• Options
    They really gotta make that sheet easier to find... I struggle to find it every race....

Updated and book marked...

1 mile swim in 30 min , 60 min trainer ride at .74......gotta kick back easy day today with lots of food , staying cool in and out of the lake , trying to recover from this weekends 2 races and all the driving we did , OH and then at 4:30 picking up a new addition to the family, his name is OTTO a 4 month old wire hair terrier/ chihuhua mix rescue dog, should be fun with our 13 year old Maggie! .... looking like some hot weather for the rest of the week....
  • Options
    Big bro blocks all google docs, so I'll have to hit it when I get home. Thanks!
  • Options
    oooooh, Tim, I want pictures of the new addition!!! Sounds adorable. We have a cat named Otto :-) He's quite the character.
  • Options
    My wko yesterday consisted of updating the spreadsheet.

This morning was 3 x 1 mile intervals on the trainer along with a warm up and cool down. Total time 45 minutes - total distance 6 miles. I plan to hit the pool after work.
  • Options
    @William I hope you logged that spreadsheet work.... I found it taxing to my stress levels!!!

Today's planned 5hr bike got cut short to 3:45 80miles at IF .72 , Heather got a double flat with two ruined tires and I gotta admit it was a relief when I checked my phone and found out..... Called it a day... spending the rest of the day in the lake with the new puppy OTTO!!! I post a pic soon but it will be on the Dashboard since I cant figure out how to do it here!
  • Options
    @Nemo... love the name Otto... he was already named and I wanted to keep it although most re-name there rescued pets... Posted a pic on the Dash... He is some kind of terrier, and maybe dachsund and or chihuahua.... should be 15lbs or less when grown
  • Options
    Otto is adorable!!!!! And yes, it's a great name :-)

I finally did my RR swim. I cut it short at 3500 meters and 1:20. Close enough in my book, especially in a 25 meter indoor pool! Ugh, Talk about boring. I figure a wetsuit and a draft will give me another 300 meters :-)
  • Options
    This Friday for my swim, I'm doing like the bike rehearsal...4200yds (25yd pool...can you say "hamster"?) or 90 minutes, whatever comes first.
  • Options
    Swim will either be Friday in a pool or a Sunday OWS followed by a bike. I am leaning towards Sunday as I do not like the pool.

Rode for 70 minutes on the trainer tonight. 8, 12, and 20 minute intervals.

I think my long run tomorrow will be on the treadmill as I will be at the gym for my 9 year olds dance class for three hours with nothing else to do.
  • Options
    @Nemo, Scott,William....I hear you guys on the pool... Just yesterday my buddy wanted to meet me at a masters class so he could gloat about beating me in the Peaks to Portland swim last weekend (I beat him our last 3 races) anyway I'm like hmmmm swim in a pool or beautiful crystal clear smooth as glass Lake Winnisquam with the ducks, loons and fishes???

Yesterdays 1.2 mile lake swim LOL.... 31:25... take out the 1:30 worth of rest between intervals and I had my first sub 30min 1.2 mile swim , 60 min .73 trainer ride in the basement trying to stay cool , and a 5.2 mile easy run in 44min wrapped up my day.... Headed to North Conway today to ride Bear Notch a couple times .
  • Options
    Tim- that's a no contest choice!!!!

William, long run on the TM? Kill me now! I'd rather do another 3500 meters in the indoor pool!

I got my long run done early this morning. Temps around 85 and huuuuuuuuumid! Tried reducing the walk interval to 2:30 (from 3:00) and it went OK but I could feel the knee compaining in the last half hour. Massage on tap for tonight, ahhhhhhh.

• Options
    1 month folks! (date-wise, any way)

I was two hours into my treadmill run yesterday when I started to feel ill, so I called it early. Got home and got sick - as in a cold sick, real fast. So I downed some Nyquil and passed out for a nap. Skipped my usual Wed night ride with my team, slept some more. Then downed more Nyquil and went to bed early, slept all the way thru this morning. Hopefully I nipped whatever was attacking me in the bud before it took hold!

Going to ride with my roadie peeps tonight after a skill/drill set in the pool.

Then onto the long/volume for this weekend! Good times.
  • Options

2.5 hour run.  96 degrees.  Awwww yeah!  Get it on.

• Options
    crashed today... I'm out of IMMT with a broken collar bone... But don't worry I will be there to crack the whip on you IMMT peeps!!!!! Now get out there and hammer it!!! Put the food down you don't need that!!!
  • Options
    Damn Tim, so sorry to hear. Will you still be able to go to Kona? Heal fast my friend!
  • Options
    WTH Tim? Are you freaking serious??? Omg that totally sucks!!

Get the surgery to repair it, IMHO.

Heal fast and crush kona!!
  • Options
    Tim, very sorry to hear of your injury. I hope you are able to recover quickly. As Scott said totally sucks.
  • Options
    WHAT???? This is a joke, right? What happened? I hope you heal quickly so Kona can still happen. How is the bike?
  • Options
    Well, on a lighter note from Tim's accident, I feel great today. Ran 8 miles yesterday morning and I was dragging butt all over the subdivision. I knew I was in a hole so I didn't workout last night or swim this morning. Instead, I slept 10 hours and...BAM...I feel like me again. Will run tonight and go for the RR ride tomorrow.

Meanwhile, bib numbers are up for IM Sweden and I am #1986. Yep, it is right around the corner!
  • Options
    Paul, glad you are you again.

Ran for 2:10 on the treadmill at the gym last night and it was awful. The first hour hit all my paces. The second hour I was miserable and looking for a reason to stop. Stayed on for the hour and an extra ten just because it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

Left work early today to try to get an OWS. On my way home, I drive past a friend that lives on the water and I have an open invitation to swim. A thunderstorm hit when I was ten minutes away and continued until I was five miles past his house. I think it was a sign I was not supposed to swim today.
  • Options

@Nemo I wish it was just a joke but its not.

@William 2:10 on a TM sweet!

Surgery for me sometime next week, then PT, should be swimming again in 8 weeks I hope  , KONA should be a go no problem , I never planned on racing KONA anyway I wanted to save it for IMFL which will probably be interesting... we will see....

• Options
    Tim, you're a rock star! You've punched your kona ticket and you already know why you're there, so you're ahead of the game. Recover well! Pics and xrays of pre and post-surgery are required!!

Just spit out 87 miles in 4.5 hours on a hot Texas day. Felt GREAT!!
  • Options
    That's good news Tim! Keep us posted on surgery.

The weather has been a bit of a challenge to deal with for me this year. 18-20mph cross winds this morning combined with tourist traffic added up to me hitting the trainer for 2 hours instead of doing the workout on the schedule. It sucked. There's something really aweful about a trainer ride in the middle of the summer. The winds "should" die down over night so I'm hoping to do the 4.5 hour ride tomorrow instead.
  • Options
    @Scott thanks and thanks again for your experience and input on surgery and your clavicle.... Nice ride too! Finally got some pics up on my Crash Thread its under Racing/Training Reports....

@NEMO dont blame you a bit staying on the trainer.... the upside is you cant crash or get run over ;-)

My Heather just got back from her 5:20 84.2 mile ride ... I'm out but she still IN... So I will post her workouts to keep you guys motivated!!!!

I walked about .5 mile today! Lots of aches and pains in other places today ....
  • Options
    At William - Geez!

At Tim - Walking only for maybe 2 weeks. I saw your pics and you look like hamburger. Apart from the shoulder, you probably need 10-14 days for impact damage in your muscles and tendons to heal up.

Today, RR make-up:

Bike - 116 miles. Miserable humidity but probably the best I ever did on hydration. IFF climbed to .783 by 55 miles and I stayed there to 72 miles then started drifting backwards finishing the ride at .751.
    Run - 6 miles and it didn't feel very good. Every year I get mugged by Father Time and slow up a little more.
    Swim - 2500 yards. Did the first 2000 with a pull buoy to rest the legs. Felt pretty good in the water.
  • Options
    @Paul yeah you got that right I , last night I was hurting quite a bit, feeling more sore area's in my ,neck , ribs front and back,basically entire body, my right side hip flexorand glute is still extremely tight/sore which makes lifting my leg by itself very difficult , and of course the shoulder pain comes and goes with no rime or reason most of the time....

Pretty impressive ride you had WOW. 116 @ .75 HUGE! And to still run and swim.... Your ready...Make your race ride easier than your training ride and you'll be laughing on the run!!! .. Please tell me this or next weekend is your peak? I was planning next weekend as my Peak!

Did you see on Dash yesterday someone asking who is doing Sweden??? Somebody posted that you were but , I never went back to see if you answered or not.
  • Options

Tim, hang in there and heal quick.  So sorry to hear about the fall/injury.  We all want to see you on the course at Kona!

Fatigue and weather have been hitting me pretty hard this week.  Yesterday's long ride was just so-so.  I didn't have much in the legs.  Here's hoping I've got something more for today's ABP ride...

• Options
    Paul- you sound ready. Just be sure you don't go out too fast on the run and you should be golden.

Tim- I guess you have a buddy now to compare notes with on the shoulder injury. What is it with our coaches getting injured????

Steve- don't be afraid to take a rest day if you are feeling fatigued. At this point in the training there are so many things building up that it can creep up on you. Better to take a rest day than blow up completely.

I was able to get that long ride done today. Totally made the right call yesterday as today was a much safer day to be doing a long ride solo. 4 hours at .77 IF. And felt good on my run/walk. I may just have another bump in the FTP before race day.